Bought a used Bike, did I get a good deal?

kyperman

Aug 27, 2004
I have been away from this site for a while, but I have decided to get back into it again...I just bought a used 1985 Trek 760 with original components minus the pedals. I paid 100 bucks...was this worth it?

Bike is in immidiate ride condition. Good shape.

kyperman said:
I have been away from this site for a while, but I have decided to get back into it again...I just bought a used 1985 Trek 760 with original components minus the pedals. I paid 100 bucks...was this worth it?

Check out this site - http://www.vintage-trek.com/Trek_galleryDP.htm this guy bought a brnad new 1985 Trek 760 in 2002, it had been sitting in the box in a shop for that long.

Have a look at this site - is this the same model as your bike. Reynolds 531 steel frame, nice ride. Yes - if it is like this model and is very rideable it sounds worth $100 bucks.

I love old bikes - I would love to do an old steel frame up just for nice sunday rides.

janiejones said:
Check out this site - http://www.vintage-trek.com/Trek_galleryDP.htm this guy bought a brnad new 1985 Trek 760 in 2002, it had been sitting in the box in a shop for that long.

Have a look at this site - is this the same model as your bike. Reynolds 531 steel frame, nice ride. Yes - if it is like this model and is very rideable it sounds worth $100 bucks.

I love old bikes - I would love to do an old steel frame up just for nice sunday rides.
I'm doing up a Peugeot 103 Carbolight ( steel ) at the moment. I bought it in about 1983 and rode around France on it so it has alot of sentimental stuff attached. I noticed when I rubbed back a rust spot on the bottom side of the down tube about 1" down from the headset, a couple of small hairline cracks in the frame. They would have been so easy to miss if I didn't keep rubbing back the paint. Don't know if I risk it and paint over or attempt a repair that will always look like a repair. I will ponder it over a couple of beers. What do you reckon ?

kyperman said:

You can't get a bell over her for $100. If it goes, and it's a Trek, you did well.