Bought my first road bike, good deal? shoppers come in

Jace1283

Sep 3, 2006
Well i started biking again one i got my MB tuned up then commuted with it to places, like work, then i realized a road bike would be easier to do that with and i won't wear out my mountainbike(save it for the trails). So i started to look at hybrids then ended up looking at road bikes ay my local shop. Before i knew it they pulled out a 06 lemond alpe d'huez and i rode it around. To keep this short i bought it and paid $1150 with upgraded tires(triple puncture resistant). They said that was invoice and i saved about $400 dollars. I still don't have a commuting bike, lol. It has carbon fiber fork and both rear stays, light rims with fewer spokes, shimano ultegra, brakes and shifters are one. I'm enjoying it and would like to do some bike races eventually. I probly went overboard but i think i got a pretty good deal.

People shopping, bikes are kind of like cars, you can negotiate the price sometimes.
Make sure you get the bike sized for you, if the place doesn't do it or your not buying from a store just look online for an idea.

The tires read: Bontrager Racelight B 700x25 Hard Case Triple Puncture Protection

They can be inflated to 120 psi

Aaahhh...bit by the road bug....
biggrin.gif