Bought new road bike - Thank you all for info

MCOSR

Nov 18, 2004
I'm new to everything...this is my first post and I bought my first road bike a week ago (upgrading from an old junky MTB).

I just wanted to thank you all for the good info on the boards. You convinced me to go straight for the road bike and not a hybrid.

After riding a lot of bikes I settled on a Trek 1500 and went to clipless pedals after 2 days (haven't fallen yet!).

Now I just need to get in shape.

You bought a nice bike, and will be sure to enjoy it. Welcome to the forum, and to the road. Good luck and keep riding!

I use a Scott Triple in dry weather (for best) and train on a Carrera Virtuoso. The Scott is perfect for me and I'm very happy with the feel of the bike. It also has a triple ring.
I could upgrade it to carbon forks but I'm not really so sure what advantages carbon forks offer.

MCOSR said:
I'm new to everything...this is my first post and I bought my first road bike a week ago (upgrading from an old junky MTB).

I just wanted to thank you all for the good info on the boards. You convinced me to go straight for the road bike and not a hybrid.

After riding a lot of bikes I settled on a Trek 1500 and went to clipless pedals after 2 days (haven't fallen yet!).

Now I just need to get in shape.

A good quality carbon fork will help soak up some road harshness. With that said, if the roads around you aren't bad, or you don't feel it's that big of a problem, I wouldn't worry about it.

Carrera said:
I use a Scott Triple in dry weather (for best) and train on a Carrera Virtuoso. The Scott is perfect for me and I'm very happy with the feel of the bike. It also has a triple ring.
I could upgrade it to carbon forks but I'm not really so sure what advantages carbon forks offer.