Boundaries

JD wrote:

>Still working on that right now Cleanbean. I'm sure CDB will have it all worked out in time to make
>plans. I dunno about Texas, Mr Sloan may try and run me over.
>
>JD

You wanna ride, we ride.

You wanna play pollute the pool on the internet, then we disagree.

But on the trail, it's all about the ride.

You know that.

Anthony Sloan wrote:
> JD wrote:
>

>> Still working on that right now Cleanbean. I'm sure CDB will have it all worked out in time to
>> make plans. I dunno about Texas, Mr Sloan may try and run me over.
>>
>> JD
>>

> You wanna ride, we ride.
>
> You wanna play pollute the pool on the internet, then we disagree.
>
> But on the trail, it's all about the ride.
>
> You know that.

Cookie and Sporkie re-match....woo-hoo!!

"Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > <snip for content>
> > > Just interested to see where people are with reagrd to the pros.
> >
> > Who gives a **** about what "the pros" do? Just shut the hell up and ride, you idol-worshipping
> > clone.
> >
> > JD
>
> JD, Now how did I know you were going to say that? Why don't ya just be blunt?
>
> How are things looking for the end of June in Idaho? I'm planning to make the trip if at all
> possible. If I come I'll be bringing my Son Josh to participate in the dirt activities. I've given
> Paladin a heads up. You know if I visit then you guys need to reciprocate and come down here and
> experience our so called "flat" terrain. Anytime during the year is good. Open invintation.
>
> Cleanbean

Fantalastic, Bean. We'll ride Sun Valley this summer for sure, if Penny & Blaine can come that far
(otherwise, we can find *something* decent ;) Nothing like getting winded at 9,000 feet and
remembering to look at the view...

Paladin

From: BB ([email protected])
> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:34:26 -0000, Simon wrote:
>
> Just interested to see where people are with reagrd to the pros.

>Many of us really don't care who the pros are or what they do, or where we are relative to them.
>This is just riding a bicycle, after all. There are no trophies in the woods.

>My boundaries are my own. If I can climb hard, get a little air, make it over some tricky stuff,
>and feel the pure joy of mountain biking, I'm a happy man.

I'm buying the beer in ID this Summer.

JD

Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> JD wrote:
>

> >Still working on that right now Cleanbean. I'm sure CDB will have it all worked out in time to
> >make plans. I dunno about Texas, Mr Sloan may try and run me over.
> >
> >JD
> >

> You wanna ride, we ride.
>
> You wanna play pollute the pool on the internet, then we disagree.
>
> But on the trail, it's all about the ride.
>
> You know that.

Reality bites, doesn't it? Speaking of which, I expect to see you and that Karate Monkey in
September. The route would be nice a 29er 1x1 and I expect at least one other 29er in attendance.

JD 26er

JD wrote:
> "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> Just interested to see where people are with reagrd to the pros.
>
>> I don't keep up with the Pro's but I do have a general philosophy about keeping in control. As a
>> Mtber/Road cyclist I believe one's skills should develop as one puts time in the saddle. You push
>> the "boundary" each time you try something new. As my skills develop I often try new things but
>> within my confidence level and skill level. I master each new skill rather then constantly do one
>> half ass. I know that any drops or ledges over 3 feet will hurt my left knee so I don't even
>> attempt anything larger. I'm not afraid to climb anything because I know how to dismount
>> gracefully. I can descend most sections but still not to shy to walk if I get that little voice
>> of "caution" especially on sections I've never ridden before.
>>
>> All said I don't think one should "push" the boundary of their limits but build skills slowly and
>> masterfully.
>>
>> Thus the nickname.... Cleanbean
>
> From: BB ([email protected])
>> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:34:26 -0000, Simon wrote:
>>
>> Just interested to see where people are with reagrd to the pros.
>
>> Many of us really don't care who the pros are or what they do, or where we are relative to them.
>> This is just riding a bicycle, after all. There are no trophies in the woods.
>
>> My boundaries are my own. If I can climb hard, get a little air, make it over some tricky stuff,
>> and feel the pure joy of mountain biking, I'm a happy man.
>
> I'm buying the beer in ID this Summer.
>
> JD

that'd be good, you guys drank all the stuff I bought.

penny

"penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anthony Sloan wrote:
> > JD wrote:
> >

> >> Still working on that right now Cleanbean. I'm sure CDB will have it all worked out in time to
> >> make plans. I dunno about Texas, Mr Sloan may try and run me over.
> >>
> >> JD
> >>

> > You wanna ride, we ride.
> >
> > You wanna play pollute the pool on the internet, then we disagree.
> >
> > But on the trail, it's all about the ride.
> >
> > You know that.
> >

> Cookie and Sporkie re-match....woo-hoo!!

If it is akin Anthony's and my first meeting, it will be seeing Anthony climb like a Santa Ana fed
wildfire and me trying to keep up. This followed by a downhill fiulled with fits of laughter. I
don't think Cookie and Sporkie would approve.

JD

> "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > Just interested to see where people are with reagrd to the pros.
>
> > I don't keep up with the Pro's but I do have a general philosophy about keeping in control. As a
> > Mtber/Road cyclist I believe one's skills
should
> > develop as one puts time in the saddle. You push the "boundary" each
time
> > you try something new. As my skills develop I often try new things but within my confidence
> > level and skill level. I master each new skill
rather
> > then constantly do one half ass. I know that any drops or ledges over 3 feet will hurt my left
> > knee so I don't even attempt anything larger.
I'm
> > not afraid to climb anything because I know how to dismount gracefully.
> > can descend most sections but still not to shy to walk if I get that
little
> > voice of "caution" especially on sections I've never ridden before.
> >
> > All said I don't think one should "push" the boundary of their limits
but
> > build skills slowly and masterfully.
> >
> > Thus the nickname.... Cleanbean
>
> From: BB ([email protected])
> > On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:34:26 -0000, Simon wrote:
> >
> > Just interested to see where people are with reagrd to the pros.
>
> >Many of us really don't care who the pros are or what they do, or where
we
> >are relative to them. This is just riding a bicycle, after all. There are no trophies in
> >the woods.
>
> >My boundaries are my own. If I can climb hard, get a little air, make it over some tricky stuff,
> >and feel the pure joy of mountain biking, I'm a happy man.
>
> I'm buying the beer in ID this Summer.
>
> JD

Outstanding. What kind? Cleanbean

BB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:34:26 -0000, Simon wrote:
> >
> > Just interested to see where people are with reagrd to the pros.
>
> Many of us really don't care who the pros are or what they do, or where we are relative to them.
> This is just riding a bicycle, after all. There are no trophies in the woods.
>
> My boundaries are my own. If I can climb hard, get a little air, make it over some tricky stuff,
> and feel the pure joy of mountain biking, I'm a happy man.

Yeah... what he said.

Paladin and btw, Howdy.

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| BB <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
| > On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:34:26 -0000, Simon wrote:
| > >
| > > Just interested to see where people are with reagrd to the pros.
| >
| > Many of us really don't care who the pros are or what they do, or where
we
| > are relative to them. This is just riding a bicycle, after all. There
are
| > no trophies in the woods.
| >
| > My boundaries are my own. If I can climb hard, get a little air, make it over some tricky stuff,
| > and feel the pure joy of mountain biking, I'm a happy man.
|
| Yeah... what he said.
|
| Paladin and btw, Howdy.

Hi there

Simon

"Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> One and the same! I did the citizen's ride last year and got 13th in the MTB race the next day. On
> the exact same course, I got 7th in the NCS last July. I plan on showing up again and trying to do
> a bit better.
>
> Are you going to race the train? Those Costa Rican mean business this
year!

> I'll give you a shout when we are close to heading out.

I am, I have big goals this year, recovering from neck surgery and all. I plan on entering the
citizen's race as well, should be good and tired after a day up to Silverton.

Hope to hear from you then.
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

> "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > I'm buying the beer in ID this Summer.
> > >
> > > JD
> >
> > Outstanding. What kind? Cleanbean
>
> More than likely a mix of Colorado's Finest, enough to appease any palate.
>
> JD

so, y'all will be drinking Coors then.....

Coors, Coors Lite, Coors Classic.. nice mix

sounds like your tastes JustaDick