Box ticked - LEJOG

elyob

Guest
Well, just back from Scotland last night having completed the LEJOG in
14 days. Blooming wind was going the wrong way, but at least kept away
most of the wind. I suspect "never again" is my overall experience.
Not so much the distance but some of the roads weren't much fun to
cycle along (e.g. A82 from Loch Lomond to Fort William).
Still, some stunning scenery and also a feat that I will bring up
repeatedly for years to come :)

Mileage 1014.97
Blog http://lejog.elyob.com

Woohoo!

<pats self on back>

p.s. just in case you reckon "support van is cheating", it's not! Was
still a hard ride, and without support I'd have had to take longer -
which work wouldn't allow.

"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| Well, just back from Scotland last night having completed the LEJOG in
| 14 days.

Very big congratulations, and a hearty side order of Well Done!

| Blooming wind was going the wrong way, but at least kept away
| most of the wind. I suspect "never again" is my overall experience.
| Not so much the distance but some of the roads weren't much fun to
| cycle along (e.g. A82 from Loch Lomond to Fort William).

It's better than the A9, he said, damning greatly with faint praise.

| Still, some stunning scenery and also a feat that I will bring up
| repeatedly for years to come :)
|
| Mileage 1014.97
| Blog http://lejog.elyob.com
|
| Woohoo!
|
| <pats self on back>
|
| p.s. just in case you reckon "support van is cheating", it's not! Was
| still a hard ride, and without support I'd have had to take longer -
| which work wouldn't allow.

No, you're right, it's not cheating...

And another well done before I go back to work....

pOB

"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Well, just back from Scotland last night having completed the LEJOG in
> 14 days. Blooming wind was going the wrong way, but at least kept away
> most of the wind. I suspect "never again" is my overall experience.
> Not so much the distance but some of the roads weren't much fun to
> cycle along (e.g. A82 from Loch Lomond to Fort William).
> Still, some stunning scenery and also a feat that I will bring up
> repeatedly for years to come :)
>
> Mileage 1014.97
> Blog http://lejog.elyob.com

Kudos that man!

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

elyob <[email protected]> wrote:

> Well, just back from Scotland last night having completed the LEJOG in
> 14 days. Blooming wind was going the wrong way, but at least kept away
> most of the wind. I suspect "never again" is my overall experience.
> Not so much the distance but some of the roads weren't much fun to
> cycle along (e.g. A82 from Loch Lomond to Fort William).
> Still, some stunning scenery and also a feat that I will bring up
> repeatedly for years to come :)
>
> Mileage 1014.97
> Blog http://lejog.elyob.com
>
> Woohoo!
>
> <pats self on back>
>
> p.s. just in case you reckon "support van is cheating", it's not! Was
> still a hard ride, and without support I'd have had to take longer -
> which work wouldn't allow.

Well done. I don't blame you for disliking Chorley. There is some
delightful cycling in the Chorley area but the town itself is best
avoided.

I'd be interested to know what route you took from there to Chorley as
you may well have passed within a mile or so of my house.

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire <http://www.shrimper.org.uk>

"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Well, just back from Scotland last night having completed the LEJOG in
> 14 days. Blooming wind was going the wrong way, but at least kept away
> most of the wind. I suspect "never again" is my overall experience.
> Not so much the distance but some of the roads weren't much fun to
> cycle along (e.g. A82 from Loch Lomond to Fort William).
> Still, some stunning scenery and also a feat that I will bring up
> repeatedly for years to come :)
>
> Mileage 1014.97
> Blog http://lejog.elyob.com
>
> Woohoo!
>
> <pats self on back>
>
> p.s. just in case you reckon "support van is cheating", it's not! Was
> still a hard ride, and without support I'd have had to take longer -
> which work wouldn't allow.

Well done.

Are you going to do it in the opposite direction next year? ;-)