Boy do you get hot when you run with a bike!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tim Woodall, Dec 14, 2005.

  1. Tim Woodall

    Tim Woodall Guest

    Yet another puncture! I don't know what's going on but I've had more
    punctures in the last month than I've had in the previous 28 years!

    And with 6 minutes to get from Kings Cross Thameslink to Euston I
    decided to run with the bike instead of fixing the puncture there and
    then.

    I _thought_ I got hot and sweaty cycling but it's NOTHING compared to
    running!

    Still, I just made the train - but when you hear reports of 22 people
    drowned on a silverlink train you'll know where the water came from :)

    Tim.

    p.s. Anyone know if they've given up sweeping the streets in London? Or
    perhaps they are gritting them with broken glass?

    and there was light.

  2. elyob

    elyob Guest

    "Tim Woodall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Yet another puncture! I don't know what's going on but I've had more
    > punctures in the last month than I've had in the previous 28 years!
    >
    > And with 6 minutes to get from Kings Cross Thameslink to Euston I
    > decided to run with the bike instead of fixing the puncture there and
    > then.
    >
    > I _thought_ I got hot and sweaty cycling but it's NOTHING compared to
    > running!
    >
    > Still, I just made the train - but when you hear reports of 22 people
    > drowned on a silverlink train you'll know where the water came from :)

    You'll look back on that post in a few years and will show it to your
    grandchildren!

    Congrats!

  3. sothach

    sothach Guest

    Tim Woodall wrote:
    > I _thought_ I got hot and sweaty cycling but it's NOTHING compared to
    > running!

    Have you thought about taking up Cyclocross? Just like that but with
    loads of cooling mud added...

  4. POHB

    POHB Guest

    Sounds like time for some new tyres

  5. POHB wrote:
    > "Tim Woodall" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > Yet another puncture! I don't know what's going on but I've had more
    > > punctures in the last month than I've had in the previous 28 years!

    > Sounds like time for some new tyres

    These are the new (kevlar) tyres - three punctures in a week - back,
    front, back, new tyres and now about 3 weeks later, another puncture in
    the back. (The old front tyre wasn't particularly worn at all but as it
    didn't have a kevlar strip I replaced it anyway and have put it to one
    side as an emergency spare)

    Tim.

    p.s. I wasn't cycling from KX Thameslink to Euston, just that it was
    just before I got to KX on my bike that I got the puncture so my 6
    minutes includes the time to get through Euston station and down to the
    platform but not the time getting through KX. I was also lucky that I
    didn't have to wait to cross any roads.