Boy do you get hot when you run with a bike!

Tim Woodall

Guest
Yet another puncture! I don't know what's going on but I've had more
punctures in the last month than I've had in the previous 28 years!

And with 6 minutes to get from Kings Cross Thameslink to Euston I
decided to run with the bike instead of fixing the puncture there and
then.

I _thought_ I got hot and sweaty cycling but it's NOTHING compared to
running!

Still, I just made the train - but when you hear reports of 22 people
drowned on a silverlink train you'll know where the water came from :)

Tim.

p.s. Anyone know if they've given up sweeping the streets in London? Or
perhaps they are gritting them with broken glass?

and there was light.

"Tim Woodall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yet another puncture! I don't know what's going on but I've had more
> punctures in the last month than I've had in the previous 28 years!
>
> And with 6 minutes to get from Kings Cross Thameslink to Euston I
> decided to run with the bike instead of fixing the puncture there and
> then.
>
> I _thought_ I got hot and sweaty cycling but it's NOTHING compared to
> running!
>
> Still, I just made the train - but when you hear reports of 22 people
> drowned on a silverlink train you'll know where the water came from :)

You'll look back on that post in a few years and will show it to your
grandchildren!

Congrats!

Tim Woodall wrote:
> I _thought_ I got hot and sweaty cycling but it's NOTHING compared to
> running!

Have you thought about taking up Cyclocross? Just like that but with
loads of cooling mud added...

Sounds like time for some new tyres

POHB wrote:
> "Tim Woodall" <[email protected]> wrote
> > Yet another puncture! I don't know what's going on but I've had more
> > punctures in the last month than I've had in the previous 28 years!

> Sounds like time for some new tyres

These are the new (kevlar) tyres - three punctures in a week - back,
front, back, new tyres and now about 3 weeks later, another puncture in
the back. (The old front tyre wasn't particularly worn at all but as it
didn't have a kevlar strip I replaced it anyway and have put it to one
side as an emergency spare)

Tim.

p.s. I wasn't cycling from KX Thameslink to Euston, just that it was
just before I got to KX on my bike that I got the puncture so my 6
minutes includes the time to get through Euston station and down to the
platform but not the time getting through KX. I was also lucky that I
didn't have to wait to cross any roads.