BP Stealth ?

chongie

Jul 27, 2003
Hey guys,
Has anyone heard of this bike or had any experience with it? BP-4 Ultergra. It is the house brand of bikeparts.com and am considering purchasing it instead of the SuperGo Scattante CFR. I believe that these frames (also EPX) are manufactured by the same company. This one looks like a better deal even at a couple hundred $ extra. I ilke that fact that it comes with an FSA Ultralite carbon crank & fork, the fork of which is what may sway my decision away from Supergo. I've heard that the Weyless forks are not very good or safe. I also like that the BP Stealth comes with Velomax wheel?
Any input would be apprciated from someone who owns one or has any exposure to this bike

Thanks in advanced!
David

Yes, you're right. All manufactured by Martec in Taiwan - no bad thing because they also make Kestrel. Have a look at Pedalforce.com - same manufacturer, slightly different frame mould and with a no-name finish but significantly cheaper. I think that maybe the Weyless fork you question (and I don't know about the quality issue) is actually a Martec if you compare the pictures closely. You might also consider another Taiwanese manufacturer called Advanced Composite - they do a nice carbon frame variously marketed as Advanced Pro and Terry Dolan but I'm not sure where they're available in the US.