BR 13 (missing in action)

tonykara

New Member
Jun 9, 2004
how was yesterday?

i was not happy in missing this weeks ride, but unfortunately my ignition coil decided to relieve its self of its sole duty on saturday night. luckily it happened 200m from my fiance's house, so 5 minutes later it was pushed to her place and left there until the RACV came along to tell me my car is a piece of you know what and i should immediately swap it for a new european variety. well either that or i go to repco the next day to buy a new ignition coil.

well to cut a long story a little shorter, couldnt get home on saturday night, needed to fix the car sunday so i missed out on yet another ride. however im determined to get the km's in the legs and thanks to the ever extending daylight i will start riding in the evenings.

tonykara said:
how was yesterday?

i was not happy in missing this weeks ride, but unfortunately my ignition coil decided to relieve its self of its sole duty on saturday night. luckily it happened 200m from my fiance's house, so 5 minutes later it was pushed to her place and left there until the RACV came along to tell me my car is a piece of you know what and i should immediately swap it for a new european variety. well either that or i go to repco the next day to buy a new ignition coil.

well to cut a long story a little shorter, couldnt get home on saturday night, needed to fix the car sunday so i missed out on yet another ride. however im determined to get the km's in the legs and thanks to the ever extending daylight i will start riding in the evenings.
I missed it as well - not that I wasn't there but was the only one. Waited till 7:35 and decided it must have been called off (or my clock was wrong).

However, a nice, cold (and a little moist) solo ride to Mt Dandenong via Lillydale didn't go astray. Man, the last 2km to the top is painful. So, 95km yesterday and 105km on Beach Rd Saturday I thought I'd be pushing my bike to work this morning but I feel good. I must be getting fit.:eek:

phillipm said:
I missed it as well - not that I wasn't there but was the only one. Waited till 7:35 and decided it must have been called off (or my clock was wrong).

However, a nice, cold (and a little moist) solo ride to Mt Dandenong via Lillydale didn't go astray. Man, the last 2km to the top is painful. So, 95km yesterday and 105km on Beach Rd Saturday I thought I'd be pushing my bike to work this morning but I feel good. I must be getting fit.:eek:

I was a no-show also... busted spoke from beach rd ride on saturday... not happy!!

kyra wrote:
> phillipm Wrote:
>
>>I missed it as well - not that I wasn't there but was the only one.
>>Waited till 7:35 and decided it must have been called off (or my clock
>>was wrong).
>>
>>However, a nice, cold (and a little moist) solo ride to Mt Dandenong
>>via Lillydale didn't go astray. Man, the last 2km to the top is
>>painful. So, 95km yesterday and 105km on Beach Rd Saturday I thought
>>I'd be pushing my bike to work this morning but I feel good. I must be
>>getting fit.:eek:

> I was a no-show also... busted spoke from beach rd ride on saturday...
> not happy!!

Yep I had family commitments but back into it for BR14.

DaveB

"tonykara" <[email protected]> wrote
> well to cut a long story a little shorter, couldnt get home on saturday
> night, needed to fix the car sunday so i missed out on yet another ride.
> however im determined to get the km's in the legs and thanks to the ever
> extending daylight i will start riding in the evenings.

I was in bed until 3pm Sunday due to the excessive
consumption of an almost lethal combination of beer,
tequila (mexican themed party!) and vodka jelly
shots (mmm..).

How good was today's weather though?!

hippy
drink in moderation kiddies!

hippy said:
I was in bed until 3pm Sunday due to the excessive

I went for a solo BreakfastRide, got out the door at a civilised 12:30,
broke my fast, and got home under the blackening clouds just before it rained.

> "tonykara" <[email protected]> wrote
>> well to cut a long story a little shorter, couldnt get home on saturday
>> night, needed to fix the car sunday so i missed out on yet another ride.
>> however im determined to get the km's in the legs and thanks to the ever
>> extending daylight i will start riding in the evenings.

> I was in bed until 3pm Sunday due to the excessive
> consumption of an almost lethal combination of beer,
> tequila (mexican themed party!) and vodka jelly
> shots (mmm..).
>
> How good was today's weather though?!
>
> hippy
> drink in moderation kiddies!

thats a nasty combo dude:) try vodka, tequila and blue curacao (1/3rd
amounts in a shot)

today's weather was kickass (much like the wine im having at the moment)
more to come tomorrow i think..26 is the forecast.
i did a 211km ride last wednesday from surrey hills to sorrento and back
(well back to camberwell to meet up with the wife and then on the train)
the weather was crapola heading down (headwind, rain, 2 flat tyres) but ok
coming back
hopefully i'll come along to br14. im doing a ride on friday out to mt dandy
so hopefully the weather holds out:)

So what's the standing record for the BR downhill? On Sunday I had the
good fortune to go out there with a lovely southerly blowing a bit,
giving me a tailwind... 86.3kph.
I realise that this isn't an officially recognised reading as it
wasn't achieved on an officially sanctioned ride or with any reliable
witnesses, or with an officially callibrated speedo (an with a
tailwind!)... Hmmm. Reading all this back, I'm doubting I was even
there. Still, it was fun. Felt very stable, but only kissed that high
number for an instant - back down to 81 odd shortly after it came up.
I think the tailwind has to be worth five kph, but I don't feel bad as
it was a bit of a pain on the way back home as a headwind.
Cheers.

blah said:
So what's the standing record for the BR downhill? On Sunday I had the
good fortune to go out there with a lovely southerly blowing a bit,
giving me a tailwind... 86.3kph.
I realise that this isn't an officially recognised reading as it
wasn't achieved on an officially sanctioned ride or with any reliable
witnesses, or with an officially callibrated speedo (an with a
tailwind!)... Hmmm. Reading all this back, I'm doubting I was even
there. Still, it was fun. Felt very stable, but only kissed that high
number for an instant - back down to 81 odd shortly after it came up.
I think the tailwind has to be worth five kph, but I don't feel bad as
it was a bit of a pain on the way back home as a headwind.
Cheers.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lies!!!!!!

witnesses are truly unreliable IMHO.
sync'ing of speedos shall be carried out on BR14
(that way I can delude myself a touch longer :D )

7.20, 7.20...

Let's see...

Ah yes! That was finishing brekky overlooking the Bowl at Falls Creek!
Blue Skies, great snow and many hangovers wandering by...

F-falling-down-a-hill-is-hardwork!!!-D