BR Book review

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Penny S.

The Immortal Class: Bike Messengers and the Cult of Human Power Travis Hugh Culley.

I ordered this from the library on a whim, while looking for other cycling books. This is a
pretty cool memoir from a young guy ( starving artist gen x type) who did messengering in Chicago
and Philly.

I'm about 1/2 way through. Good commentary on issues like Critical Mass and cycle awareness, and
lots of good stuff about the art and rhythm of the flow of a busy big city. Plus, urban cycling
madness...

penny

----------
In article <[email protected]>, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

> The Immortal Class: Bike Messengers and the Cult of Human Power Travis Hugh Culley.
>
> I ordered this from the library on a whim, while looking for other cycling books. This is a
> pretty cool memoir from a young guy ( starving artist gen x type) who did messengering in Chicago
> and Philly.
>
> I'm about 1/2 way through. Good commentary on issues like Critical Mass and cycle awareness, and
> lots of good stuff about the art and rhythm of the flow of a busy big city. Plus, urban cycling
> madness...
>
> penny
>

penny,

My County library's catalog is on the web so I can browse the entire catalog from home and
reserve any book and have it delivered to my local branch for pickup, way cool. I'll have to see
if they have this book.

paul

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:54:13 -0800, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

>The Immortal Class: Bike Messengers and the Cult of Human Power Travis Hugh Culley.
>
>I ordered this from the library on a whim, while looking for other cycling books. This is a
>pretty cool memoir from a young guy ( starving artist gen x type) who did messengering in Chicago
>and Philly.
>
>I'm about 1/2 way through. Good commentary on issues like Critical Mass and cycle awareness, and
>lots of good stuff about the art and rhythm of the flow of a busy big city. Plus, urban cycling
>madness...
>
>penny

hmmmm?

Bill(scratching my head)Wheeler The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a
reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of
the world.
:-]

Status
Not open for further replies.