BR:hobby while I'm hobbled

Jimbo(san)

Jul 24, 2003
Beer… it’s the only thing on my mind lately… This “injury” is lingering and determined to keep me off the bike… Last ride was in Boise… in July… So I guess if memories of last rides should hold me… it was a nice place to have a last ride…
So beer… yes... I am getting off topic on my off topic post…
I have to say it is a very interesting hobby… My first batch I was all nerves and impatience… I had hardly given the batch a chance to mature before we were drinking it.
Have to say the second batch went smoothly… Invested in a secondary and I allowing the proper amount of time to pass to let things mature…
Carla has been awesome through this whole thing…. Helping me and really showing genuine interest. It got a little rough to begin with due to the lingering smell in the apartment, but we got it well sussed.
I have batch 2 (an Anchor Steam clone) aging…Probably bottling in the next week or so. An Oktoberfest (lucky number 3)…Which will unfortunately probably end up being a Novemberfest… Probably open it up on our anniversary and call it anniversityfest! I will do this weekend and our first experiment… a chocolate porter that we will open for Christmas…
Not much left of the first batch and we won’t be seeing any homebrew until the end of next month…
Doing a few batches back to back so we should have a glut of homebrew coming…
I guess making beer sort of feeds my need to do something between now and whenever this pain lets me ride a bike again… It also gives me this great sense of home and comfort…
I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes to roll up their sleeves and play.
The results might surprise you… Plus you get beer as the end result!!! How great is that???

---> Jim

Jimbo(san) said:
Beer… it’s the only thing on my mind lately… This “injury” is ing and determined to keep me off the bike… Last ride was in Boise… in July… So I guess if memories of last rides should hold me… it was a nice place to have a last ride…
So beer… yes... I am getting off topic on my off topic post…
I have to say it is a very interesting hobby… My first batch I was all nerves and impatience… I had hardly given the batch a chance to mature before we were drinking it.
Have to say the second batch went smoothly… Invested in a secondary and I allowing the proper amount of time to pass to let things mature…
Carla has been awesome through this whole thing…. Helping me and really showing genuine interest. It got a little rough to begin with due to the ing smell in the apartment, but we got it well sussed.
I have batch 2 (an Anchor Steam clone) aging…Probably bottling in the next week or so. An Oktoberfest (lucky number 3)…Which will unfortunately probably end up being a Novemberfest… Probably open it up on our anniversary and call it anniversityfest! I will do this weekend and our first experiment… a chocolate porter that we will open for Christmas…
Not much left of the first batch and we won’t be seeing any homebrew until the end of next month…
Doing a few batches back to back so we should have a glut of homebrew coming…
I guess making beer sort of feeds my need to do something between now and whenever this pain lets me ride a bike again… It also gives me this great sense of home and comfort…
I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes to roll up their sleeves and play.
The results might surprise you… Plus you get beer as the end result!!! How great is that???

---> Jim

Well, you got me grinning pretty big. Happy for you guys, and would love a big draught of your Christmas Porter. Would if fed-ex, do you thing? ymmmm

CB

Chris Brown said:
Well, you got me grinning pretty big. Happy for you guys, and would love a big draught of your Christmas Porter. Would if fed-ex, do you thing? ymmmm

CB

We were planning on it Chris.

Jimbo(san)

"Jimbo (san)" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
>
> Beer. it's the only thing on my mind lately. This "injury" is lingering
> and determined to keep me off the bike. Last ride was in Boise. in
> July. So I guess if memories of last rides should hold me. it was a
> nice place to have a last ride.
> So beer. yes... I am getting off topic on my off topic post.
> I have to say it is a very interesting hobby. My first batch I was all
> nerves and impatience. I had hardly given the batch a chance to mature
> before we were drinking it.
> Have to say the second batch went smoothly. Invested in a secondary and
> I allowing the proper amount of time to pass to let things mature.
> Carla has been awesome through this whole thing.. Helping me and really
> showing genuine interest. It got a little rough to begin with due to the
> lingering smell in the apartment, but we got it well sussed.
> I have batch 2 (an Anchor Steam clone) aging.Probably bottling in the
> next week or so. An Oktoberfest (lucky number 3).Which will
> unfortunately probably end up being a Novemberfest. Probably open it up
> on our anniversary and call it anniversityfest! I will do this weekend
> and our first experiment. a chocolate porter that we will open for
> Christmas.
> Not much left of the first batch and we won't be seeing any homebrew
> until the end of next month.
> Doing a few batches back to back so we should have a glut of homebrew
> coming.
> I guess making beer sort of feeds my need to do something between now
> and whenever this pain lets me ride a bike again. It also gives me this
> great sense of home and comfort.
> I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes to roll up their
> sleeves and play.
> The results might surprise you. Plus you get beer as the end result!!!
> How great is that???
>
> ---> Jim
>
>
> --
> Jimbo(san)
>

Since when is Beer OT in AMb?

TJ
www.gvii.net/hundtoft