BR: Quick detour to work

DaveB said:
I'm planning to drop 4 kilos over the next couple of months
(in preparation for that "r" word that cannot be mentioned), maybe I
better aim a little higher.

DaveB

Noooooooooooooo!!!

not 'rhinoceros-hunting' !@#@!!!

I plan to lose 4kg.

then 4 more, and then...

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> DaveB wrote:

>> (in preparation for that "r" word that cannot be
>> mentioned), maybe I better aim a little higher.

> Which "r" are you aiming for?

He said it cannot be mentioned!
:)

Theo

Tamyka Bell wrote:

> Which "r" are you aiming for?

At the risk of incurring the wrath of Hippy and FD - Melbourne Half
Marathon (hopefully up to the full one next year). And I've decided to
do this (and this bit will really fire em up) instead of the Around The Bay.

DaveB "at least I didn't mention triathlon, oops"

DaveB wrote:

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
> >

> > Which "r" are you aiming for?

> At the risk of incurring the wrath of Hippy and FD - Melbourne Half
> Marathon (hopefully up to the full one next year). And I've decided to
> do this (and this bit will really fire em up) instead of the Around The Bay.
>
> DaveB "at least I didn't mention triathlon, oops"

Tee hee, well Melbourne is the official ADF marathon this year, so if
they pay me to go do it I suppose I'll be obliged...

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 at 02:57 GMT, DaveB (aka Bruce)
> essendon93 wrote:
>> So that makes me a lightweight I guess, if I put on a couple of kg's I'd
>> be right for Junior Welterweight :)

> Suddenly I feel a whole lot better about you leaving me for dead on the
> climbs.

You saying I should be up there with Ess? :)

"Does bacteria culture in coffee cup qualify as pet? Have already
givink it name." -- Pitr Dubovich/User Friendly

"TimC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 at 02:57 GMT, DaveB (aka Bruce)
> > essendon93 wrote:
> >> So that makes me a lightweight I guess, if I put on a couple of kg's

I'd
> >> be right for Junior Welterweight :)

> > Suddenly I feel a whole lot better about you leaving me for dead on the
> > climbs.

> You saying I should be up there with Ess? :)
>
> --
> TimC

Nah Tim.....your GVBR steed would have to bring you close to me in the Gross
Combination Mass (GCM) stakes.

Gags

flyingdutch wrote:
> now, if someone can just bring a gaggia, muffins and nubile bint to
> serve and we can stop wherever we please :D :D :D

Dude.. You're putting me off my racing..

"Mmm nubile bint with armloads of muffins and coffee.."

hippy
- finally back on the bike today!

flyingdutch wrote:
> i saw one of them "Im not fat. Im a sprinter" Tshirts somewhere
> recently... almost bought it...

Aww.. that was always my line :(

heavyweight hippy

DaveB wrote:
> Tamyka Bell wrote:
>>
>> Which "r" are you aiming for?

> At the risk of incurring the wrath of Hippy and FD - Melbourne Half
> Marathon (hopefully up to the full one next year). And I've decided to
> do this (and this bit will really fire em up) instead of the Around The
> Bay.
>
> DaveB "at least I didn't mention triathlon, oops"

GEEZ! I'm away for a day and look what mess this group turns into!!

hippy
Word of the day: "blurghhurrkillmenow"

DaveB said:
At the risk of incurring the wrath of Hippy and FD - Melbourne Half
Marathon (hopefully up to the full one next year). And I've decided to
do this (and this bit will really fire em up) instead of the Around The Bay.

DaveB "at least I didn't mention triathlon, oops"

here cometh the wrath, 'r___er' !!!

as for RTB, i think Im over it. Done 5 now.
My last was a wet (03) one so the weather could only be better, but i doubt I'll do it any quicker, altho that was only an aim as I was doing it solo.
Would love to give it a shot on a tandem tho or a small group to keep things simple...

hippy said:
flyingdutch wrote:
> i saw one of them "Im not fat. Im a sprinter" Tshirts somewhere
> recently... almost bought it...

Aww.. that was always my line :(

heavyweight hippy

(Insert blatant ****-stir here:)...

A real sprinter wouldn't have bailed on racing track after just one crash.........

Shabby wrote:
> (Insert blatant ****-stir here:)...
>
> A real sprinter wouldn't have bailed on racing track after just one
> crash.........

haha :p

It had nothing to do with that crash. I kept racing after that (same day
actually - that crash wasn't too bad) but it was the end of the season
anyway.

I started doing this season's training sessions again but there's no way
I could do any good at Glenvale after racing track on Saturday and I am
only interested in winning Glenvale.

Training _after_ Glenvale sucks coz I'm toast (I don't recover well) and
I was going to start racing Sandown so I ditched track altogether. Hope
Nicho isn't too disappointed :p

Did you miss out on beating me at the track or something? :p

hippy
"Excuse Master 4000"

hippy said:
Shabby wrote:
> (Insert blatant ****-stir here:)...
>
> A real sprinter wouldn't have bailed on racing track after just one
> crash.........

haha :p

It had nothing to do with that crash. I kept racing after that (same day
actually - that crash wasn't too bad) but it was the end of the season
anyway.

I started doing this season's training sessions again but there's no way
I could do any good at Glenvale after racing track on Saturday and I am
only interested in winning Glenvale.

Training _after_ Glenvale sucks coz I'm toast (I don't recover well) and
I was going to start racing Sandown so I ditched track altogether. Hope
Nicho isn't too disappointed :p

Did you miss out on beating me at the track or something? :p

hippy
"Excuse Master 4000"
OK, you've won Glenvale, now what?

Most track guys ride Sat morning, race Sat arvo and then race again on Sunday morning. It's necessary to help develop your ability to recover, which you need if you're going to do the Xmas carnivals (7 days, 3 or 4 races a day).

You need to do crits for fitness, track for speed (have a look at the people winning crits, they're the same ones who are winning at Vodafone). Not sure why you'd be training after Glenvale though...

You could have beaten me this year, missed your chance.....

Shabby wrote:
> OK, you've won Glenvale, now what?

Now I'm going to Europe.. :D

> Most track guys ride Sat morning, race Sat arvo and then race again on
> Sunday morning. It's necessary to help develop your ability to recover,
> which you need if you're going to do the Xmas carnivals (7 days, 3 or 4
> races a day).

Ja! That's one of the things that annoys me with some of the racers I
know. They train, race track and then back it up with a reasonable
Glenvale performance, whereas I seem to do better if I only do a very
low-intensity ride on Sat.
I actually spoke to my coach about this and he said it was expected
given how I've been training (my focus WAS Glenvale only, basically).

> You need to do crits for fitness, track for speed (have a look at the
> people winning crits, they're the same ones who are winning at
> Vodafone). Not sure why you'd be training after Glenvale though...

The (Blackburn) track training I was doing was on Monday nights. Yes, a
long time after Glenvale for some people, but not me.

> You could have beaten me this year, missed your chance.....

<shitstir>
I didn't need to - you said it yourself - I could've beaten you :p
</shitstir>

Well, I'm not selling my track bike in the "Big Move of 05" so there's
still potential. Maybe without a road bike in the UK I'll get edgy
enough to take up track 'proper'?

hippy

hippy said:
I actually spoke to my coach about this and he said it was expected
given how I've been training (my focus WAS Glenvale only, basically).

If that was your focus, your coach should have developed your speed by getting you to race track. Your best option was always going to be a bunch sprint, which at Glenvale is about holding and maintaining position, jumping out of the last corner and having good top end speed and accelleration.

Now where could you learn those skills??

A good hard pre-season on the track, combined with Glenvale would have meant you'd be fit and fast by January.....

http://shortcourse.swin.edu.au/short2.cfm?crsi=20514 ?? :p

> A good hard pre-season on the track, combined with Glenvale would have
> meant you'd be fit and fast by January.....

Last -> First = I ain't complaining. Perhaps you're right but I always
viewed track as an 'option that might help my sprint' and never as a
main course, if ya know what I mean? That was basically what I told my
coach and he structured my program as per my request.

What are ya? Some kind of track recruiter or something? :)

hippy

hippy said:

Great, I'd just got over Dutchy's odd request for yourself and I to wrestle in jelly, now I have an image of you belly dancing to replace it.

hippy said:
What are ya? Some kind of track recruiter or something? :)

Kind of. People dismiss track as just rolling around in circles, then sprinting, but you'll learn to hurt yourself on a track at a level you can never get to on the road, plus you'll learn tactics and bike handling as well.

Shabby wrote:
> hippy Wrote:
>>http://shortcourse.swin.edu.au/short2.cfm?crsi=20514 ?? :p

> Great, I'd just got over Dutchy's odd request for yourself and I to
> wrestle in jelly, now I have an image of you belly dancing to replace
> it.

LMAO! :D
(but really.. sorry for that image :))

> hippy Wrote:
>>What are ya? Some kind of track recruiter or something? :)

> Kind of. People dismiss track as just rolling around in circles, then
> sprinting, but you'll learn to hurt yourself on a track at a level you
> can never get to on the road, plus you'll learn tactics and bike
> handling as well.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate track it just wasn't my priority.
Tactics were another drawcard for me but as any of the ABOCers will
know - I wouldn't remember any of them at crunch time! :S ;)

hippy