BR starting time Sunday?

TimC

Guest
6:20 real time? Probably too late to change this, but just this week,
8:20 daylight saving time would be a welcome starting time :)

--
TimC
Like most computer techie people, I'll happily spend 6 hours trying to figure

TimC wrote:
> 6:20 real time? Probably too late to change this, but just this week,
> 8:20 daylight saving time would be a welcome starting time :)

Tim you read my mind. I declare 8:20 AESST starting time for this week
only. 6:20 real time would kill me, and destroy any hope I had of
studying after.

DaveB

I'm good either way... so... someone else decide :)

cheers,
GPL

flyingdutch wrote:
> silly astronomer :rolleyes:
>
> 7:20am. stop try ng to overcomplicate things...

I'll be there at 8:20 AESST (7;20 AEST) if anyone wants to join me.
There's no way I'm getting up on a long weekend at what my body will
think is 5:30. And I'd expect Tim as an astronomer to completely ignore
daylight savings anyway.

DaveB

essendon93 said:
I don't care either way, but lets get a concrete decision by this evening

my gist was 7:20am AFTER everyone has adjusted their clocks
far too much potential for confusion, newbies irregulars such as Kyra to 'miss the boat' if we fiddle now...

well, whatever :rolleyes:
I'M gonna be there at the 'correct' time.
If others rock up then, great. My best climbtrial time was when i did it alone so perhaps you lot are slowing me down. bahahahahah :D

flyingdutch said:
my gist was 7:20am AFTER everyone has adjusted their clocks
far too much potential for confusion, newbies irregulars such as Kyra to 'miss the boat' if we fiddle now...

well, whatever :rolleyes:
I'M gonna be there at the 'correct' time.
If others rock up then, great. My best climbtrial time was when i did it alone so perhaps you lot are slowing me down. bahahahahah :D
Well the only 'newbie' for this week will be with me, so thats taken care of. See what Kyra wants.
Of course I'm sure GPL would like to start at 8.20 and chase you down :D

I've already got 143km under my belt this weekend, so I doubt I'll be going that hard tomorrow, well except for the climb, and maybe the run to clintons, and on the downhills, and...

flyingdutch wrote:
> essendon93 Wrote:
>
>>I don't care either way, but lets get a concrete decision by this
>>evening

> my gist was 7:20am AFTER everyone has adjusted their clocks
> far too much potential for confusion, newbies irregulars such as Kyra
> to 'miss the boat' if we fiddle now...

Yeah fair call, unless Kyra logs on and says he's cool for 8:20. If that
doesn't happen I'll set the alarm and see what happens (grumble...
grumble .. 5:30am on a long weekend ...grumble).

> well, whatever :rolleyes:
> I'M gonna be there at the 'correct' time.
> If others rock up then, great. My best climbtrial time was when i did
> it alone so perhaps you lot are slowing me down. bahahahahah :D

May be something in that, my best time was the day it was only me and
Hippy. Maybe it's a case of being more prepared to go all out if there
are fewer witnesses to the potential blow-out/collapse/heart attack.

DaveB

"essendon93" wrote in message...

> care of. See what Kyra wants.
> Of course I'm sure GPL would like to start at 8.20 and chase you down
> :D

Got that right - I'm sure the Smiths Gully stop would be the downfall of
those in front :)

New rear derailleur just installed on my 'other TCR', so that might make its
first full BR run tomorrow..

cheers,
GPL

lama, lama, lama! You should be getting your crit practice in down at st kilda or at glenvale (Hawthorn starts on wedensday!!!!:D :D :D :D , B grade?)

Jono

Jono L wrote:
> lama, lama, lama! You should be getting your crit practice in down at st
> kilda or at glenvale

That's alright, he's going to do 3 laps of the BR route. ;)

> (Hawthorn starts on wedensday!!!!

hmmm, just saw the four day forecast, 32 degrees for Wednesday,
spectating is sounding like a good option.

DaveB "looking for excuses"

Jono L said:
lama, lama, lama! You should be getting your crit practice in down at st kilda or at glenvale (Hawthorn starts on wedensday!!!!:D :D :D :D , B grade?)

Jono

Yeah I know… I don’t think they’d let me in anything lower than B.. so not much choice for me there..

Crits are short and take a good 2mins to recover from… riding the BR is a self-ass-whipping that takes the rest of the day to recover from.. :)

Cheers,
GPL

DaveB said:
hmmm, just saw the four day forecast, 32 degrees for Wednesday,
spectating is sounding like a good option.

DaveB "looking for excuses"

Bring that on - I LOVE the HEAT (so I keep telling everyone when its cold)

If you are spectating - I'll get you to hold out another watter bottle for me at the 25min mark? Hows 10% of any winnings sound as payment? :)

cheers,
GPL
:sitting at the back so he doesnt have to pay DaveB:

well whatever you're doing is working gp. You or dutchy coming on the ratshits ride on monday?

"flyingdutch" wrote in message ...

> Jono L Wrote:
>> well whatever you're doing is working gp. You or dutchy coming on the
>> ratshits ride on monday?

> some of us have to work, whipper-snapper :rolleyes:

and some have to work on Tuesday as well... grrrrrrr someone turn the
Interweb off for the Melb Cup holiday ok? :)

cheers,
GPL

Jono L said:
ring in a sicky! c'mon:D You know you want to.

Yerrrsss. doesnt quite werk that way when you are ringing yourself up to say, I'm not feeling well, cough, cough...

flyingdutch said:
Yerrrsss. doesnt quite werk that way when you are ringing yourself up to say, I'm not feeling well, cough, cough...

Have Mrs Dutch ring in for you. That way you won't know its you.

Bwahahaha :D

Steve(If you guess how many chooks are in the bag, you can have them both)A