BR(x?)

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by essendon93, Dec 3, 2005.

  1. essendon93

    essendon93 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2004
    Not sure what number we're up to now
    Quick debriefing
    Blah, Derek, Con and myself out today

    Derek killed everyone up the hills, Blah killed everyone going down the hills.

    The BR route was continued along Bell street for a TTT

    We were joined by the GVBR at the top of the climb up Diamond Creek rd, and then again for the 3rd downhill. If I ever did one of these I'd definately leave early and avoid the mayhem of careless riders. It would have been nice to open up on the downhill, alas the cops halfway down may have frowned on that practice :rolleyes:

    I can now say I've riden in the Great Vic Bike ride..even got congrats at the finish ;)

    Can't think of any other highlights, brains a bit fried.

    ess"totally knackered"93

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Derek? who's Derek??

    and WhyTF do all feggin newbies go up hill fast?
    I think we need to put in place a 'maximum-climbing-rate' test to 'allow' people to join :D

    I have been flattened the last 2 weeks by cold/cough/flu thing.
    I hereby proclaim myself drug-cheat-failure, as I found out today that I'm friggin allergic to Pseudoephedrine, which I have been taking daily and wondering why I kept getting light-headed/seeing stars!!!
    bad combo of low blood pressure (chillin-Dutchy-mon) and the Psuedo does the bad stuff, so I'm goin clean (not the Soy tho. I think I'm addicted! :eek: )

  3. essendon93

    essendon93 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2004
    Derek aka um Derek :D
    He came on an earlier BR maybe a month or so ago.

  4. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "essendon93" wrote in message ...

    > Derek aka um Derek :D
    > He came on an earlier BR maybe a month or so ago.

    With the bell? Who we used as a lead-out for our 30km/h+ Burgundy St
    sprint? (btw - cheers for that Derek!) :)

    cheers,
    GPL

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    aaaah, yes. THE BELL! see? I need a bell! That'll make me go uphill MUCH faster
    :rolleyes:

  6. essendon93

    essendon93 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2004
    alas no greenlseaves yesterday :)

  7. blah

    blah Guest

    'Killed everyone on the downhills'... Scary that I broke 80kph down the
    big hill without pedalling, into a headwind. Gee I'm getting fat. Oh
    well, at least gravity loves me.

  8. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    blah wrote:
    > 'Killed everyone on the downhills'... Scary that I broke 80kph down the
    > big hill without pedalling, into a headwind. Gee I'm getting fat. Oh
    > well, at least gravity loves me.

    Now what you should be saying is "killed everyone on the hills" , nobody
    needs to know what direction you were going.

    DaveB "gravitationally challenged"

  9. blah

    blah Guest

    No, Ess definitely pointed out which way we each excelled at. I prefer
    to be called 'gravitationally enhanced'.