BR17 (no it's not a typo)

DaveB

Guest
I know it's a week early but was wondering if anyone is planning on
doing BR17 seeing it's on the day of ATB. I'm still undecided. I've
entered the 100km from Sorrento but I'm having second thoughts about
what sort of treatment my bike is gonna get in the bus from Docklands to
the start. If nobody is doing BR17 then I'll get some bubble wrap and
protect the bike as best I can, and maybe carry the wheels on my lap in
the bus (doesn't sound too comfortable).

DaveB

DaveB said:
I know it's a week early but was wondering if anyone is planning on
doing BR17 seeing it's on the day of ATB. I'm still undecided. I've
entered the 100km from Sorrento but I'm having second thoughts about
what sort of treatment my bike is gonna get in the bus from Docklands to
the start. If nobody is doing BR17 then I'll get some bubble wrap and
protect the bike as best I can, and maybe carry the wheels on my lap in
the bus (doesn't sound too comfortable).

DaveB
Might be safer to ride down to Sorrento

"sinus" <[email protected]

> DaveB Wrote:
> > I know it's a week early but was wondering if anyone is planning on
> > doing BR17 seeing it's on the day of ATB. I'm still undecided. I've
> > entered the 100km from Sorrento but I'm having second thoughts about
> > what sort of treatment my bike is gonna get in the bus from Docklands
> > the start. If nobody is doing BR17 then I'll get some bubble wrap and
> > protect the bike as best I can, and maybe carry the wheels on my lap in
> > the bus (doesn't sound too comfortable).
> >
> > DaveB

> Might be safer to ride down to Sorrento

How come you aren't doing the full ride? You can
finish BR's.. ATB should be a piece o' **** for ya.
Only mtb'ers are allowed to drive to a ride spot.. ;-)

hippy
- only doing ATB if someone begs for my entry

hippy wrote:

> How come you aren't doing the full ride? You can
> finish BR's.. ATB should be a piece o' **** for ya.
> Only mtb'ers are allowed to drive to a ride spot.. ;-)
>
> hippy
> - only doing ATB if someone begs for my entry

I'm doing a half marathon this week and not expecting to be in great
shape by the following weekend. Definitely not going to be capable of
full ATB (that's for next year).

DaveB

"DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> hippy wrote:
> >
> > How come you aren't doing the full ride? You can
> > finish BR's.. ATB should be a piece o' **** for ya.
> > Only mtb'ers are allowed to drive to a ride spot.. ;-)

> I'm doing a half marathon this week and not expecting to be in great
> shape by the following weekend. Definitely not going to be capable of
> full ATB (that's for next year).

Ahh.. that evil r-word.. I don't think I could walk
a week after doing a half let alone ride. I'll shutup
now ;-)

hippy

DaveB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I know it's a week early but was wondering if anyone is planning on
> doing BR17 seeing it's on the day of ATB. I'm still undecided. I've
> entered the 100km from Sorrento but I'm having second thoughts about
> what sort of treatment my bike is gonna get in the bus from Docklands to
> the start. If nobody is doing BR17 then I'll get some bubble wrap and
> protect the bike as best I can, and maybe carry the wheels on my lap in
> the bus (doesn't sound too comfortable).
>
> DaveB

I'm not doing the ATB, so if there's a BR on I'll probably come out.

blah said:
I'm not doing the ATB, so if there's a BR on I'll probably come out.

maybe we could do a BR-extended version?

OR

<dare>
2 laps of BR :eek: :eek: :eek:
</dare>

that's gotta be worth a ATB anyday. Maybe stop and have lunch/meal/fuel
(heck, we could stop at my place. That would show the wif that y'all do exist and I aint havin an affair :D )

Anyone up for that?

F-feelin-frisky-D

Just a quick warning, I drove down Etham-Yarra Glen Rd the other day and there's roadworks being done, so I'd avoid the Alma Rd loop atm.

"flyingdutch" <flyingdutch.1dldob@no-> maybe we could do a BR-extended
version?

> OR
>
> <dare>
> 2 laps of BR :eek: :eek: :eek:
> </dare>
>
> that's gotta be worth a ATB anyday. Maybe stop and have
> lunch/meal/fuel
> (heck, we could stop at my place. That would show the wif that y'all do
> exist and I aint havin an affair :D )
>
> Anyone up for that?
>
> F-feelin-frisky-D

> flyingdutch

Remind me when we're in pain on the second lap just how flippant I'm
being... Why the hell not? Of course, you know this means that the rainless
run will end in two weeks' time... I predict sleet.

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]
> maybe we could do a BR-extended version?
>
> OR
>
> <dare>
> 2 laps of BR :eek: :eek: :eek:
> </dare>

I like the sound of that! Evil, evil man..
except I'm probably going to be at Glenvale crits.

> that's gotta be worth a ATB anyday. Maybe stop and have
> lunch/meal/fuel (heck, we could stop at my place. That would
> show the wif that y'all do exist and I aint havin an affair :D )

I thought the affair was with your bike?

> Anyone up for that?

Oh the pain...

hippy

ive decided that spending $75 on a mild case of hypothermia is just not worth it. extended BR sounds good to me.

what if we head up Eltham-Yarra Glen Rd and keep going till we get bored find somewhere nice to get a bite and then turn around? its got to be better than a soggy sandwich and a smelly tug boat ride.

tonykara said:
ive decided that spending $75 on a mild case of hypothermia is just not worth it. extended BR sounds good to me.

what if we head up Eltham-Yarra Glen Rd and keep going till we get bored find somewhere nice to get a bite and then turn around? its got to be better than a soggy sandwich and a smelly tug boat ride.

but its still unmade according to (above) report and i emailed my mate who lives out there and he confirmed they have only done about 20% of what we rode that last time...

So what happens if we continue to Panton Hill and go on from there?

eltham yarra glen road is the road to panton hill, st andrews is the next suburb. i would be in on that

did you see the forecast for sunday....fine and sunny 24...unbelievable

tonykara said:
eltham yarra glen road is the road to panton hill, st andrews is the next suburb. i would be in on that

did you see the forecast for sunday....fine and sunny 24...unbelievable

so am I the only nuffey doing the full ATB next weekend?!

also, i can't make it to this sunday's ride as i'll be waking up with a massive hangover in geelong!

kyra said:
so am I the only nuffey doing the full ATB next weekend?!

also, i can't make it to this sunday's ride as i'll be waking up with a massive hangover in geelong!

How organised are you???

First you kno your gonna have a hangover (OK, that bit's easy enuff to understand...)
Then, you know beforehand which suburb you are gonna wakeup in.

Oh, the days of discovering distant suburbs and unwelcoming dad's on a Sunday mornin... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I know it's a week early but was wondering if anyone is planning on doing
>BR17 seeing it's on the day of ATB. I'm still undecided. I've entered the
>100km from Sorrento but I'm having second thoughts about what sort of
>treatment my bike is gonna get in the bus from Docklands to the start. If
>nobody is doing BR17 then I'll get some bubble wrap and protect the bike as
>best I can, and maybe carry the wheels on my lap in the bus (doesn't sound
>too comfortable).
>
> DaveB

Dave
If they haven't already got it somewhere on their website, you could always
try calling BV to get the answer to your bike transport question.

I won't be out that weekend for either BR or ATBIAD. :-(
Instead I'll be out in the Grampians doing the Mt William climb :) Only
thing is the company won't be quite the same as compared to doing the BR.

Geoff

"Oh, the days of discovering distant suburbs and unwelcoming dad's on a Sunday mornin... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:"

That just gave me a scary flashback!!!

Cut the tention with a knife. Nice day isn't it.....TAXI!!!

B.T. said:
"Oh, the days of discovering distant suburbs and unwelcoming dad's on a Sunday mornin... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:"

That just gave me a scary flashback!!!

Cut the tention with a knife. Nice day isn't it.....TAXI!!!
So, 2 loops or another alternative?

Kinglake and beyond?
St Andrews and...
dont know this neck of the woods too well
so suggest away

B.T. said:
"Oh, the days of discovering distant suburbs and unwelcoming dad's on a Sunday mornin... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:"

That just gave me a scary flashback!!!

Cut the tention with a knife. Nice day isn't it.....TAXI!!!

haha, not quite... wedding was in geelong and we stayed down there... was absolutely blind but woke up without a hangover! GOLD.

who is actually in for ATB on sunday?

flyingdutch wrote:
> B.T. Wrote:
>
>>"Oh, the days of discovering distant suburbs and unwelcoming dad's on a
>>Sunday mornin... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:"
>>
>>That just gave me a scary flashback!!!
>>
>>Cut the tention with a knife. Nice day isn't it.....TAXI!!!

> So, 2 loops or another alternative?
>
> Kinglake and beyond?
> St Andrews and...
> dont know this neck of the woods too well
> so suggest away

I'm in for this weekend. Decided I'd rather do the BR than the half
round the bay (despite having paid already). But Kinglake and beyond ai
yai. I might make it to St Andrews and turn back to Hurstrbridge. I'm
not real keen on the St Andrews to Kinglake rd anyway, too dangerous
with cars for my liking, although I'm sure there'd be some new speed
records set for the Kinglake down to Whittlesea hill.

DaveB