BR17 (no it's not a typo)

"jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'll be doing it. I'm hoping the weather will hold up this year.

Well, just saw the forecast for Sunday... fine, 24. BR's charmed existence
rides on! (of course, now it'll **** down)

How about giving this sundays ride a new name? that way we can get the word out there about a rival event to RBD. if we can loure enough people we could even impose entry fees :rolleyes: and now that im engaged it might be the only way i will ever get to purchase a carbon bianchi :D

so who is in? the more the merrier........leave shoppo 7:30 sharp!

tonykara wrote:
> How about giving this sundays ride a new name? that way we can get the
> word out there about a rival event to RBD. if we can loure enough
> people we could even impose entry fees :rolleyes: and now that im
> engaged it might be the only way i will ever get to purchase a carbon
> bianchi :D
>
> so who is in? the more the merrier........leave shoppo 7:30 sharp!

I've recovered from last weekend's running, massage tonight to magically
cure hamstring problem, I'm fired up, I've peaked for what was going to
be 1/2 round the bay, I'm there. Look out. Of course unless Tony drops
his drink bottle I'll still be last up the hill.

And blah, if you're coming can you bring the Bird Noises CD. I've found
a bike top with a pocket that will fit it.

DaveB

DaveB said:
tonykara wrote:
> How about giving this sundays ride a new name? that way we can get the
> word out there about a rival event to RBD. if we can loure enough
> people we could even impose entry fees :rolleyes: and now that im
> engaged it might be the only way i will ever get to purchase a carbon
> bianchi :D
>
> so who is in? the more the merrier........leave shoppo 7:30 sharp!

I've recovered from last weekend's running, massage tonight to magically
cure hamstring problem, I'm fired up, I've peaked for what was going to
be 1/2 round the bay, I'm there. Look out. Of course unless Tony drops
his drink bottle I'll still be last up the hill.

And blah, if you're coming can you bring the Bird Noises CD. I've found
a bike top with a pocket that will fit it.

DaveB

nice one!

ive decided that if i keep dropping bottles then i will start wearing my camelback

"DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>> I've recovered from last weekend's running, massage tonight to magically

> cure hamstring problem, I'm fired up, I've peaked for what was going to be
> 1/2 round the bay, I'm there. Look out. Of course unless Tony drops his
> drink bottle I'll still be last up the hill.

Or his mobile phone (as was the case last sunday).

Geoff

blah wrote:
> DaveB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>

>>And blah, if you're coming can you bring the Bird Noises CD. I've found
>>a bike top with a pocket that will fit it.
>>
>>DaveB

> Will do

Excellent. Let's Rock (can't get that opening riff from No Time For
Games out of my head now).

DaveB (Now if I could just remember who blah was, we need to start
issuing real name vs usenet name name tags)

"DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> DaveB (Now if I could just remember who blah was, we need to start
> issuing real name vs usenet name name tags)

I'd like to take this oppurtunity to apologise for any
blank looks or "hey there... you", etc. for past and
future rides. I suck with names and having real ones
AND 'net ones makes my brain hide in the corner,
rock back-and-forth slurring out "peestha peestha..".

hippy

tonykara said:
and now that im engaged it might be the only way i will ever get to purchase a carbon bianchi :D QUOTE]

I'm looking into getting a Bianchi XL carbon at the moment. I've had a test ride about a month ago and will be having another one today (if the weather holds). I've been deciding whether to buy one or not for ages now.

"jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote

> tonykara Wrote:
> > and now that im engaged it might be the only way i will ever get to
> > purchase a carbon bianchi :D QUOTE]
> >
> > I'm looking into getting a Bianchi XL carbon at the moment. I've had a
> > test ride about a month ago and will be having another one today (if
> > the weather holds). I've been deciding whether to buy one or not for
> > ages now.

Does this help?
http://trade.bianchiusa.com/2004/01_road/hires/XL-Carbon-Chorus.jpg

I love the flat-sided top tube. Saw one in the carbon
flesh at Glenvale last week.

hippy

hippy said:
"jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote

> tonykara Wrote:
> > and now that im engaged it might be the only way i will ever get to
> > purchase a carbon bianchi :D QUOTE]
> >
> > I'm looking into getting a Bianchi XL carbon at the moment. I've had a
> > test ride about a month ago and will be having another one today (if
> > the weather holds). I've been deciding whether to buy one or not for
> > ages now.

Does this help?
http://trade.bianchiusa.com/2004/01_road/hires/XL-Carbon-Chorus.jpg

I love the flat-sided top tube. Saw one in the carbon
flesh at Glenvale last week.

hippy

Nice piccy! That's what I am thinking of getting exactly. But with Campag Neutron wheels.

jazmo said:
tonykara said:
and now that im engaged it might be the only way i will ever get to purchase a carbon bianchi :D QUOTE]

I'm looking into getting a Bianchi XL carbon at the moment. I've had a test ride about a month ago and will be having another one today (if the weather holds). I've been deciding whether to buy one or not for ages now.

just make sure its about 54-55cm so when you rock up at BR on it I can 'test ride' it too :D :D :D

PS you still want that Alpine Classic Entry?

blah wrote:
> DaveB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>

>>And blah, if you're coming can you bring the Bird Noises CD. I've found
>>a bike top with a pocket that will fit it.
>>
>>DaveB

> Will do

Better save bringing the CD for another week. I suspect I won't be there
tomorrow and don't want to leave you carryign it for the ride.

DaveB

"DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> blah wrote:
>> DaveB <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:<[email protected]>...
>>

>>>And blah, if you're coming can you bring the Bird Noises CD. I've found a
>>>bike top with a pocket that will fit it.
>>>
>>>DaveB

>> Will do

> Better save bringing the CD for another week. I suspect I won't be there
> tomorrow and don't want to leave you carryign it for the ride.
>
> DaveB

Thanks for letting me know, mate. Cheers.

Blah said:

> Better save bringing the CD for another week. I suspect I won't be there
> tomorrow and don't want to leave you carryign it for the ride.
>
> DaveB[/color]

Thanks for letting me know, mate. Cheers.

Good one! That 110g worth of classic 80's muzack woz gonna keep me on his wheel. Still, i wouldnt mind a copy... :rolleyes:

flyingdutch said:
Good one! That 110g worth of classic 80's muzack woz gonna keep me on his wheel. Still, i wouldnt mind a copy... :rolleyes:

Is BR18 on, this Sunday the 24th? I would like to know.

Cheers,

Claes wrote:
> Is BR18 on, this Sunday the 24th? I would like to know.
>
> Cheers,

I'll be there.

DaveB

Claes said:
Is BR18 on, this Sunday the 24th? I would like to know.

With Glenvale on Sunday mornings I don't think I'll be visiting
those hills for a while :(

Might head out on another day just to try for 90+ down the
first one :)

hippy