BR17 (no it's not a typo)

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by DaveB, Oct 3, 2004.

  1. jazmo

    jazmo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    I'll be doing it. I'm hoping the weather will hold up this year.

  2. Blah

    Blah Guest

    "jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'll be doing it. I'm hoping the weather will hold up this year.

    Well, just saw the forecast for Sunday... fine, 24. BR's charmed existence
    rides on! (of course, now it'll piss down)

  3. tonykara

    tonykara New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    How about giving this sundays ride a new name? that way we can get the word out there about a rival event to RBD. if we can loure enough people we could even impose entry fees :rolleyes: and now that im engaged it might be the only way i will ever get to purchase a carbon bianchi :D

    so who is in? the more the merrier........leave shoppo 7:30 sharp!

  4. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    tonykara wrote:
    > How about giving this sundays ride a new name? that way we can get the
    > word out there about a rival event to RBD. if we can loure enough
    > people we could even impose entry fees :rolleyes: and now that im
    > engaged it might be the only way i will ever get to purchase a carbon
    > bianchi :D
    >
    > so who is in? the more the merrier........leave shoppo 7:30 sharp!

    I've recovered from last weekend's running, massage tonight to magically
    cure hamstring problem, I'm fired up, I've peaked for what was going to
    be 1/2 round the bay, I'm there. Look out. Of course unless Tony drops
    his drink bottle I'll still be last up the hill.

    And blah, if you're coming can you bring the Bird Noises CD. I've found
    a bike top with a pocket that will fit it.

    DaveB

  5. tonykara

    tonykara New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    nice one!

    ive decided that if i keep dropping bottles then i will start wearing my camelback

  6. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    "DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >> I've recovered from last weekend's running, massage tonight to magically

    > cure hamstring problem, I'm fired up, I've peaked for what was going to be
    > 1/2 round the bay, I'm there. Look out. Of course unless Tony drops his
    > drink bottle I'll still be last up the hill.

    Or his mobile phone (as was the case last sunday).

    Geoff

  7. blah

    blah Guest

    DaveB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > And blah, if you're coming can you bring the Bird Noises CD. I've found
    > a bike top with a pocket that will fit it.
    >
    > DaveB

    Will do

  8. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    blah wrote:
    > DaveB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >

    >>And blah, if you're coming can you bring the Bird Noises CD. I've found
    >>a bike top with a pocket that will fit it.
    >>
    >>DaveB

    > Will do

    Excellent. Let's Rock (can't get that opening riff from No Time For
    Games out of my head now).

    DaveB (Now if I could just remember who blah was, we need to start
    issuing real name vs usenet name name tags)

  9. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > DaveB (Now if I could just remember who blah was, we need to start
    > issuing real name vs usenet name name tags)

    I'd like to take this oppurtunity to apologise for any
    blank looks or "hey there... you", etc. for past and
    future rides. I suck with names and having real ones
    AND 'net ones makes my brain hide in the corner,
    rock back-and-forth slurring out "peestha peestha..".

    hippy

  10. jazmo

    jazmo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004

  11. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote

    > tonykara Wrote:
    > > and now that im engaged it might be the only way i will ever get to
    > > purchase a carbon bianchi :D QUOTE]
    > >
    > > I'm looking into getting a Bianchi XL carbon at the moment. I've had a
    > > test ride about a month ago and will be having another one today (if
    > > the weather holds). I've been deciding whether to buy one or not for
    > > ages now.

    Does this help?
    http://trade.bianchiusa.com/2004/01_road/hires/XL-Carbon-Chorus.jpg

    I love the flat-sided top tube. Saw one in the carbon
    flesh at Glenvale last week.

    hippy

  12. jazmo

    jazmo New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2004
    Nice piccy! That's what I am thinking of getting exactly. But with Campag Neutron wheels.

  13. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700

  14. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    blah wrote:
    > DaveB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >

    >>And blah, if you're coming can you bring the Bird Noises CD. I've found
    >>a bike top with a pocket that will fit it.
    >>
    >>DaveB

    > Will do

    Better save bringing the CD for another week. I suspect I won't be there
    tomorrow and don't want to leave you carryign it for the ride.

    DaveB

  15. Blah

    Blah Guest

    "DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > blah wrote:
    >> DaveB <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:<[email protected]>...
    >>

    >>>And blah, if you're coming can you bring the Bird Noises CD. I've found a
    >>>bike top with a pocket that will fit it.
    >>>
    >>>DaveB

    >> Will do

    > Better save bringing the CD for another week. I suspect I won't be there
    > tomorrow and don't want to leave you carryign it for the ride.
    >
    > DaveB

    Thanks for letting me know, mate. Cheers.

  16. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700

    Good one! That 110g worth of classic 80's muzack woz gonna keep me on his wheel. Still, i wouldnt mind a copy... :rolleyes:

  17. Claes

    Claes New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    Is BR18 on, this Sunday the 24th? I would like to know.

    Cheers,

  18. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    Claes wrote:
    > Is BR18 on, this Sunday the 24th? I would like to know.
    >
    > Cheers,

    I'll be there.

    DaveB

  19. Blah

    Blah Guest

  20. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    With Glenvale on Sunday mornings I don't think I'll be visiting
    those hills for a while :(

    Might head out on another day just to try for 90+ down the
    first one :)

    hippy