BR34

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by GPLama, Feb 12, 2005.

  1. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    Only six of us today, conditions almost identical to last week... my stats
    below..

    Dist: 89.62
    Time: 3.136hrs
    Avg: 28.58
    Temp: 17.9 - Sunny
    Wind: 11 SSE
    Humidity: 55%
    Max speed: 89.3 - was wanting > 90.. grrrr!!

    Average was 1km/h up this week, must have been because the 'founders' were
    awol ;) Lots more people out this week, most appeared to be vets(?).. then
    Yarra Blvd was full of mtb'ers..

    Great ride, see everyone + more next week!

    cheers,
    GPL

    Tags:

  2. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    GPLama wrote:

    > Great ride, see everyone + more next week!
    >
    > cheers,
    > GPL

    Yeah that's right, taunt me as I sit here writing about ethics -
    yawwwwwwwn - looking out at a beautiful sunny day (and we've had so many
    of those in Melbourne recently). Hurrumph.

    DaveB "not happy, why can't it rain today"

  3. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 at 01:51 GMT, DaveB (aka Bruce)
    > GPLama wrote:
    >
    >> Great ride, see everyone + more next week!
    >>

    > Yeah that's right, taunt me as I sit here writing about ethics -
    > yawwwwwwwn - looking out at a beautiful sunny day (and we've had so many
    > of those in Melbourne recently). Hurrumph.

    My legs have been stuffed since Thursday for some unknown reason.

    Hopefully the weather will be as good as today, in a few weeks
    time. Got commitments next week, I think.

    Off now to the St Kilda festival to make the most of this weather.

    FORTRAN is a good example of a language which is easier to parse
    using ad hoc techniques. -- D. Gries

  4. hippy

    hippy Guest

    TimC wrote:
    > My legs have been stuffed since Thursday for some unknown reason.

    Do some higher cadence, easy spinning to warm 'em up and make 'em nice
    and fluffy.. or something.

    > Hopefully the weather will be as good as today, in a few weeks
    > time. Got commitments next week, I think.
    >
    > Off now to the St Kilda festival to make the most of this weather.

    Take sunscreen.. I got nicely cooked watching the crits..

    The weather is awesome DaveB!
    (that'll teach you.. wishing for rain, indeed! ;))

    B grade taken out by a 14 year old on restricted gearing!!!!
    That race looked seriously evil, perhaps >half the field retiring?
    Even "More pain!" Wayne was out the back eventually. Credit to him for
    hanging in so long!

    warwych - did you race or were you just there to perve? :)

    Congrats to Simon and Andrew with 2nd and 3rd in D grade!

    hippy

  5. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    > Take sunscreen.. I got nicely cooked watching the crits..

    Sorry Hip, if I had known you could have got some sunscreen from me whilst
    you were waiting for me in Pt Melb after the crit. I had some in the car.

    After we finally left the cafe that we were watching the racing from (just
    which before the B grade start time) three of us went for a cruisey ride
    down to mordy getting back to St Kilda not long into the A grade race. The
    crowd were really starting to build up by then. I didn't stay too long
    before heading back to the car at Pt Melb and then on to home.

    Yes Dave it was a very nice day out there today.

    Geoff

  6. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 at 03:38 GMT, hippy (aka Bruce)
    > TimC wrote:
    >> My legs have been stuffed since Thursday for some unknown reason.

    > Do some higher cadence, easy spinning to warm 'em up and make 'em nice
    > and fluffy.. or something.
    >
    >> Hopefully the weather will be as good as today, in a few weeks
    >> time. Got commitments next week, I think.
    >>
    >> Off now to the St Kilda festival to make the most of this weather.

    > Take sunscreen.. I got nicely cooked watching the crits..

    I didn't even know they were on. It seemed that I came at the right
    time - most of the interesting stuff was in the afternoon, bar the
    crits.

    Did you see the mountain bike trials, bmx stunts, and motocross
    stunts?

    They was cool :)

    One guy, of only a few in the world that can do a bizaare upsidedown +
    360 degrees turn about 3m up off the top of the ramp.

    The fire twirling was cool also, as per always.

    "I used to be better at logic problems, before I just dumped
    them all into TeX and let Knuth pick out the survivors."
    -- Plorkwort, 26 September 2004 on alt.religion.kibology

  7. hippy

    hippy Guest

    Geoff wrote:
    > "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    >>Take sunscreen.. I got nicely cooked watching the crits..

    > Sorry Hip, if I had known you could have got some sunscreen from me whilst
    > you were waiting for me in Pt Melb after the crit. I had some in the car.

    Nah.. it's cool.. I don't smoke so I have to be overexposed to the sun
    or sit behind trucks to get my fair share of carcinogens.. ;)

    Besides which, I don't think about it until it's too late anyway. 'Tall,
    dark and handsome'.. I miss out on two of these so I'm hoping I can make
    up for that by getting extra tanned.. :)

    > After we finally left the cafe that we were watching the racing from (just
    > which before the B grade start time) three of us went for a cruisey ride
    > down to mordy getting back to St Kilda not long into the A grade race. The
    > crowd were really starting to build up by then. I didn't stay too long
    > before heading back to the car at Pt Melb and then on to home.

    I stayed until the end of B grade, then "No Hand Trackstand" Neil and I
    rode to the city and I hammered to Hawthorn feeling pumped for some
    reason.. probably because I knew I didn't have to ride from Hawthorn
    home.. ha! ;)

    hippy