BR81??

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Gags, Jan 7, 2006.

  1. Gags

    Gags Guest

    Who's up for it tomorrow??? I currently have the bike in a few bits so I
    will be doing some "shed time" tonight to get it all back together for
    tomorrow.

    I went for a solo ride yesterday morning......left home at 0530h and went
    out North on Main Rd then joined up with the regular BR route at the
    roundabout just before Kangaroo Ground. Did Clintons Rd and then the climb
    to Kinglake again (didn't time anything but was trying to keep HR below 165
    bpm). Was a beautiful morning for a ride and I reckon that I saw about 100
    or more rabbits and a whole stack of kangaroos. Actually had a kangaroo
    bounce across the road about 2 metres or so in front of me as I was on
    Clintons Rd (On the downhill bit where the big, flat, horse riding area is
    off to the left).......scared the crap out of me!!!

    Also got chased by a black dog with a white head and one blue eye in St
    Andrews. I seriously thought that he was going to have a go at me and he
    ended up growling at me and backing up the road in front of me for 100m or
    so whilst I yelled at him in the hope that his owner might hear me and call
    him home. All of my "GOOAAARRNNNN GET OUT OF IT!!!" was to no avail though
    and he eventually ran off under a fence towards the end of St Andrews.

    About 1km or so out of Kinglake, I hit fog and by the time I got up to the
    coffee shop at the top, visibility was down to about 50m or so. Had a
    coffee and then went back down the hill (was glad of the jacket that I
    bought along). Halfway down I nearly came off when my front tyre went soft
    due to a slow leak and I had the rim bottom out on one of the corners (not a
    good feeling). Changed the tube and then went back through St Andrews and
    onto the normal BR route. All up, was 85km and I was home by about
    0915h....great start to the day!!!!

    Guess I will see whoever shows up in the morning!!

    Gags

    Tags:

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Aaaiiee! me in.

    a holiday break that was meant to include daily rides, rudely interrupted with work, family stuff, BBQs, Beer, more work and 'stuff'.

  3. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    Gags wrote:
    > Who's up for it tomorrow??? I currently have the bike in a few bits so I
    > will be doing some "shed time" tonight to get it all back together for
    > tomorrow.

    I'll be there. Was supposed to be triathling but cancelled that (which
    means I'll be out there with tribars bahahahahaha).

    DaveB

  4. blah

    blah Guest

    I'm in; may cut it down a bit to get home in time to go to the bay crit
    at Docklands, tho'.

  5. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-01-07, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)

    > Aaaiiee! me in.

    I may even be in. We'll see how the legs feel at 0600.

    --
    TimC
    Weeks of coding can save you hours of planning. --unknown