Bra Help!

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by Clairelouise84, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84 New Member

I need some help please! I am fairly new to cycling and really starting t enjoy it, but like most exercise I have tried I am struggling with my chest. I have a 36 GG chest and finding bras is hard enough at the best of times, let alone ones that will support you whilst you are cycling and not rub you raw! I have tried sports bras and all they did was rub my skin (I got it professionally fitted) My normal bras are not even close to supportive enough and it is really starting to hurt my back.
    I would be so grateful for any advice!

Tags:

2. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

"I have a 36 GG chest..."

This post is worthless without pictures!

As much as it pains me to suggest this...breast reduction?

kana_marie and gavinfree like this.
  3. gavinfree

gavinfree Member

Half of that might be a little derogatory toward women, but the other half seems like some fairly sound advice. With a chest that large, exercise is obviously going to be painful and sometimes near impossible, especially for something like cycling. I'm not sure a sports bra or running bra is going to fix the issue here, and a reduction might be a fairly smart idea for long-term reasons.

4. Rhodolite

Rhodolite Member

This may sound strange, but it may help. Huzzah obscure costuming and apparel knowledge. Anyhow you may want to look into breast binders that tomboys and transgender people use. It's strange I know, but I know that lots of people have used them to manage chests from situations like gynecomastia, ect. I've heard that they're extra comfortable and may help with your issue since sports bras won't cut it. I'd suggest only using it when you exercise though haha. Anyhow if you're interested http://www.amazon.com/Underworks-MagiCotton-Sports-Binding-Minimizer/dp/B00I54XDFM/ref=sr_1_4?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1430105674&sr=1-4&keywords=breast+binder

Underworks is a well known and decently priced company that comes highly recommended by a lot of people. Just food for thought.

5. Clairelouise84

Ha ha it was worth a try but no dice. I have thought about this and it pains me too! But I am definitely running out of options, I do my back exercises every single day but my shoulders are getting worse too. Not something they warn you about when you're growing up "one day your boobs are going to pull your shoulders off"

6. Clairelouise84

I have definitely thought about it and I know I am running out of options but I am definitely keeping it as a last resort, breast reductions can cause problems when breastfeeding and I would like children in the future so I will try everything else first.

7. Clairelouise84

That's a great idea! The minimiser I tried was the closest thing to support and they work along the same lines, thank you so much I had not thought of that, I will give that a try. :D

8. Rhodolite

Rhodolite Member

Yup no problem! I didn't want to suggest breast reduction cause I know so many people are hesitant for so many reasons but there are safe and comfortable alternatives for women with bigger chests to exercise more comfortably. Weird apparel that appeals to a niche crowd- but it has so many benefits to bigger chested women without pain or surgery.

9. Dora M

Dora M Member

Forget about all this breast reduction talk. You don't need to wear a bra that hurts you. You can find good alternatives such as shirts with soft, yet strong inbuilt support, that will make you feel comfortable during your rides. Such t-shirts with sleeves or without sleeves, will not just make you feel good, but they will also give you a sense of security if you are concerned about your breasts moving around too freely. Enjoy your rides. :)

Clairelouise84 likes this.
  10. kylerlittle

kylerlittle Member

There's the type of bras that would hold your ... from the bottom and I think you should go for that because it would hold them well and you wouldn't have to go through the pain when it's pulling. You can ask for those ones at a clothes shop and they would show you a variety of good ones. I think it's always good to get a sports one to support yourself, normal ones are hard in sports.

11. Clairelouise84

Thanks Dora, I tried in built support but it just wasn't enough, my partner helped me whip something up from a pair of old leggings oddly enough it is not flattering but I no longer have sore shoulders or back ache after my rides any more!

12. Clairelouise84

I tried sports ones but found they rubbed terribly, apparently it is quite a common problem but I think I have the problem sorted now which I am so happy about!

13. kana_marie

kana_marie Member

I was under the impression that a 36GG chest meant you can just get someone to do it for you. I'm not even going to lie, I feel slightly less adequate now. But slightly more intrigued.

14. Clairelouise84

Ha ha if you feel "less adequate" I would be more than happy to share with you!, you would be doing me a solid! They do have their uses, I will admit that but they are really more of a hindrance than a help!

15. kana_marie

kana_marie Member

I bet you have serious back problems.

16. Clairelouise84

It gets pretty bad at times and I have considered a reduction but it can cause problems later in life with breastfeeding etc so I have tried to steer clear of it. But doing my back exercises just isn't working any more.

17. kana_marie

kana_marie Member

Soma and flexiril or zanaflex are all really great at loosening and relaxing your muscles. You can't get them without a prescription ( here anyway). But almost any doctor will prescribe them. They're harmless, I'm guessing. A doctor could tell to better than I could, obviously

18. kana_marie

kana_marie Member

Soma and flexiril or zanaflex are all really great at loosening and relaxing your muscles. You can't get them without a prescription ( here anyway). But almost any doctor will prescribe them. They're harmless, I'm guessing. A doctor could tell to better than I could, obviously

19. Clairelouise84

After my ulcer clears up I will go to the doctor bout relaxants because I have got the support I need now but I can't wear it all day and when I take it off, they are starting to hurt after a while again. No one tells you about this when you're younger, seriously!

20. kana_marie

kana_marie Member

My ex's fiancé is a transgender (w2m). He used to wear a binder, before he got them cut completely off. He never had a single complaint about how the binder felt.