Brachytherapy........???

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by wendy norman, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. wendy norman

    wendy norman Guest

    This is so new and I think they are going to do this to me on Tuesday. I
    feel so helpless. Has anyone heard anything good or bad about it or
    witnessed results?

    Tags:

  2. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "wendy norman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:I7B%[email protected]
    > This is so new and I think they are going to do this to me on Tuesday. I
    > feel so helpless. Has anyone heard anything good or bad about it or
    > witnessed results?

    Hi Wendy,

    The term can be used in different contexts. Are you referring to its use in
    conjunction with angioplasty and stents? If so, it is really a technique to
    make a good procedure better. Angioplasties close up maybe 30% of the time -
    though this is usually caught in follow-up and they are reopened with a repeat
    angioplasty. Stents make it less likely that they will close up. Brachytherapy
    improves upon stents making things even better. Also, as these things go, it
    is not even that new - in some places it is being phased out by something
    called drug eluting stents.

    I had several angioplasties over 10 years ago, before there were stents. I
    made it this far. Now your odds are even better.

    Good luck!

    Bill