Brad McGee non starter???

whiteboytrash said:
Open your eyes.... this was reported two weeks ago ! He has sciatic nerve problems.... (again)..... big girl he is...
Thanks. Been suffering World Cup sleep deprivation. The match times have not been kind to us Aussie's. Watching Le Tour this year, I should be asleep by 2:00 a.m. each night... Luxury.

old news. back injurys ongoing.

one hell of a track cyclist...never quite reached the heights i thought he might as a roadie. mountains tend to slow him right down unfortunately.

respect though, he is as tough as they come and does a LOT for junior development here in oz/nsw institute/fdjeux youth squad.

Just for the record it was a penalty.... if I hear another aussie say that they were robbed I will strangle them. You can't fall to ground and impede the run of a forward and you can't do it in the penalty box. Crazy ! 15 seconds or 15 minutes from match time its still a penalty. I'm an aussie by the way but not lived there for 7 or so years....

peterlip said:
Thanks. Been suffering World Cup sleep deprivation. The match times have not been kind to us Aussie's. Watching Le Tour this year, I should be asleep by 2:00 a.m. each night... Luxury.

whiteboytrash said:
Just for the record it was a penalty.... if I hear another aussie say that they were robbed I will strangle them. You can't fall to ground and impede the run of a forward and you can't do it in the penalty box. Crazy ! 15 seconds or 15 minutes from match time its still a penalty. I'm an aussie by the way but not lived there for 7 or so years....
Yes, yes, yes. Actually I don't think it was a penalty, but I think it would've been given a penalty 8 out of 10 times. I also think Materazzi shouldn't been given a red card either, so I suppose the penalty was the even-er.
I suppose most Aussie's are bitter and twisted because we had 59% of the ball, but the Italian defence was simply too good.
Anyway, back to cycling... GO Cadel... First Aussie to win TDF!!!!

McGee's no girl - he's a tough nut.
Remember his ride in the Giro a few years back?

He seems to have developed problems with his back - I'm not surprised that he won't be doing the Tour.
Given that he said he wanted to concentrate on stage races/one day races.

whiteboy...

dont incite me...... ive lost all faith and am still too depressed.
australia doesnt even play soccer, and at our first real attempt (had one amateur team 32yrs ago in the world cup), we make the second round. The ANNOYING thing is, we should have beaten italy, we would have definately beaten Ukraine (why not, we beat uruguay, greece, drew croatia, outplayed brazil, drew netherlands etc..who r ukraine, no one special), so we would have been in the semi's, first up in the world game.
but as im not taking the bait...i wont comment!!

I agree with you.... Australia should of beaten Italy and then would of pumped Ukraine who are relying on Shevchenko to do everything then you would of been in the semi's... that would of been gold ! However you should have beaten Italy and Hiddick should have brought on Alosi and Kennedy with 10 minutes to go. He was waiting for extra time before bringing on the striking assault. Without Kewell is was just too hard to break down Italy's defence... It wasn’t the penalty that lost Australia the game it was Hiddick waiting for extra time… dangerous play. Its still a penalty regardless of the context of the game. It was good refereeing. :)

As for the comment that Austrlia does'nt play soccer (football). Thats is not true... you had a team of seven Croatians who have playing soccer all their lives.... ;)

Ricardo29 said:
whiteboy...

dont incite me...... ive lost all faith and am still too depressed.
australia doesnt even play soccer, and at our first real attempt (had one amateur team 32yrs ago in the world cup), we make the second round. The ANNOYING thing is, we should have beaten italy, we would have definately beaten Ukraine (why not, we beat uruguay, greece, drew croatia, outplayed brazil, drew netherlands etc..who r ukraine, no one special), so we would have been in the semi's, first up in the world game.
but as im not taking the bait...i wont comment!!

its our 4th football sport though..
afl, league, union.....and soccer a mile behind.
unlike EVERY other country (except usa) where its number 1 sport, let alone football sport.

Agreed I was just joshing you..... Its great its getting a bigger profile in Australia... when you watch top flight football its the best game in the world... the only problem Australia is its isolation.... its just to far away for players to travel from Europe for games... and any player with potential will move to Europe as soon as they can.. Harry Kewell has lived in England since he was 14 ! Some of the aussie players at this world cup didn't even have Australian passports for the qualifiers in Australia because they had expired and they hadn't been home in so long !

Ricardo29 said:
unlike EVERY other country (except usa) where its number 1 sport, let alone football sport.

Ricardo29 said:
I heard a quote from a toothless Aussies rules supporter which I kind of agree with. "Soccer may be the world game, but AFL is the best game in the world"

Ricardo29 said:
help me out here. afl? i assume that's your football? league? union? what do they refer to?

peterlip said:
I heard a quote from a toothless Aussies rules supporter which I kind of agree with. "Soccer may be the world game, but AFL is the best game in the world"
from a country isolated like Australia which has the appalling human rights record you would expect this sort of comment... Australian really doesn’t know that there is a world outside there own shores... and of course everything is better in Australia... the weather, the beer, the women, the sport... blah bah blah... boring...

cheapie said:
help me out here. afl? i assume that's your football? league? union? what do they refer to?
AFL - Australian Rules Football (www.afl.com.au)

Union - Rugby Union (supposedly a amateur code)

League - Rugby League (same as union but slight different rules and is the professional version of Union)

whiteboytrash said:

League - Rugby League (same as union but slight different rules and is the professional version of Union)
thanks! i thought you guys were big cricket fans as well.

whiteboytrash said:

.......Union went professional in 1995, WBT.

limerickman said:
.......Union went professional in 1995, WBT.
Thanks for that.... didn't know that but knew they took payments under the table for years...... a bit like Ovett and Coe....... but thats another story !

Watching footie at the MCG on TV is a real pleasure. Should I ever make a trip down under, I will only do so during the season. :)

The G ! You know ! Holds 100,000 people...... you will have a good day if you go down under......

JRMDC said:
Watching footie at the MCG on TV is a real pleasure. Should I ever make a trip down under, I will only do so during the season. :)