Brad McGee non starter???

whiteboytrash said:
Thanks for that.... didn't know that but knew they took payments under the table for years...... a bit like Ovett and Coe....... but thats another story !

You're not suggesting that Lord Coe of Leicestershire would be........paid!
That would make him ......one of those ...........bloody...........professionals!

Oh, no no, we can't have that here at Loughborough!

Seriously - a very good read is "The Perfect Distance - Ovett & Coe" by pat Butcher (not the one in Eastenders!)

I have the book but have not started as yet... I recently read "The Perfect Mile" by Neal Bascomb.... great read about the race to break the 4 minute mile.... really good read and touches on the AAA and thank-god no PED's in those days... felt very sad for Wes Santee the American track miler who could of been the first if it wasn't for the AAA rules that sanctioned against him for recieving a payment....

limerickman said:
You're not suggesting that Lord Coe of Leicestershire would be........paid!
That would make him ......one of those ...........bloody...........professionals!

Oh, no no, we can't have that here at Loughborough!

Seriously - a very good read is "The Perfect Distance - Ovett & Coe" by pat Butcher (not the one in Eastenders!)

whiteboytrash said:
I have the book but have not started as yet... I recently read "The Perfect Mile" by Neal Bascomb.... great read about the race to break the 4 minute mile.... really good read and touches on the AAA and thank-god no PED's in those days... felt very sad for Wes Santee the American track miler who could of been the first if it wasn't for the AAA rules that sanctioned against him for recieving a payment....

I read that - and it is a very good book.

Liked the stuff about Roger Bannister.

John Landy got great coverage ...........as was the story about Wes Santee.
I think our own Ronnie Delaney was also mentioned.

Real "Chariots of Fire" stuff.