Bradley Wiggins 2012 Pinarello Dogma 2 advice

Chrisgreen01

Oct 21, 2013
[ATTACHMENT=483]image.jpg (1,934k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]Hi guys, New to this forum and actually looking for some advice. I recently won a special bike. :big-smile: it is one of Sir Bradley Wiggins 2012 Pinarello Dogma 2 bicycles. Part of the set he used in winning the Tour de France. Details are: Pinarello Dogma 2 Dura ace c35 prototype wheels Durace brakes and gears Fizik seat Velocarbon tyres It comes with a certificate of authenticity from Sky and I also have a signed shirt from the team sky squad with it. If i was to insure/sell this bike, what do you think I would insure/accept for it? Thanks Chris

Does it have the scratches on it from being tossed into a stone wall? Derailleur still stuck in gear? Brakes worn out from a wet descent? Faint echoes of Froome screaming when you put your ear to the seat post?

Selling it? Tough to value it from this side of the Atlantic. Maybe somewhere in the $12K range. There's a very limited market for that kind of collectible here, but the buyers DO have deep pockets. Before the recent financial unpleasantness, I did hear of lesser machines with less provenance trading in the $15K range.

For insurance purposes, I would go $20K.