Brain Candy?

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by CDAKIAHONDA, Nov 12, 2007.

1. CDAKIAHONDA

CDAKIAHONDA New Member

What is the most widely discussed topic that SHOULD merit the LEAST amount of attention and why?

Tags:

2. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

Paris Hilton. It is self evident as to why she deserves no attention.

I read that she's getting one or two million dollars as an appearance fee for a new year's party. WTF!!!

3. weedvspeed

weedvspeed New Member

I'd still do her ! :)

but I'm a slut.

4. velo711

velo711 New Member

Definately Paris Hilton and Brittany Spears. These two have absolutely no obvious talent at all. Plus I long for the retirement of Elton John and Rod Stewart.

5. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

The Paris Hilton phenomena is interesting because it harks back to the days when all that mattered was who you were... not what you did. In today's more egalitarian meritocracy... there seems to be some unwritten rule that to earn celebrity status... you have to have done something. But the whole do something = celebrity status is completely skewed by the "what type of thing you do". Top actors are much more famous than the top people of most other professions. Its the nature of their job that elevates them to exaggerated exultation.

Paris Hilton is not a nobody. If she had come from a trailer Park in Alabama... then we might applaud her achievement of climbing the social ranks... even if her celebrity would be completely baseless. But Paris is great granddaughter of Conrad Hilton. Was able to hang with the rich "In" crowd... was able to get into all the celebrity parties... where all the paparazzi were... and is arguably not a completely fugly specimen.

I think she mostly irritates people here because she is a throwback to European aristocracy and fortune and fame by birthright.

Just my 2c.

Oh... and most discussed topic least deserving of attention IMO - The current weather.

6. Billsworld

Billsworld New Member

I used to be a slut and and would have hit you over the head to jump in line ahead of you.........Stupid morals. There ya go bro deal have fun with that

7. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

Don't blame me when catch something that cannot be diagnosed by the brightest in medical science then your unit shrivels up and falls off.

8. Crankyfeet

Crankyfeet New Member

Were you able to sue the doctors Bro...??:p

Penicillin mate. I coulda told you that. Mine didn't fall off. But it stayed a bit shrivelled unfortunately...:(

9. Billsworld

Billsworld New Member

Dont blame that on the wench

10. teiddy

teiddy New Member

I coulda told you that. Mine didn't fall off.

11. BimmsAndBices

BimmsAndBices New Member

Global warming, American presidential election, the lastes killer foodbourne disease from China.

12. Chavez

Chavez New Member

I'd say damn near ANYTHING that has to do with a celebrity.

Or even a politician's personal life - current issues-wise, Spitzer may be a philandering douchebag but that may or may not impact the job he was doing in office.