Brainstorming session: How To improve the Easton Attack aerobar elbow pads

dragon76

Jun 17, 2004
Hey guys, if you've got an Easton Attack aerobar, then you've probably gotten numb forearms like me from resting them on those tiny lil elbow pads. Well, I'm curious. Has anyone ever tried modifying the arm rest "plates" so that they are larger, e.g. by glueing the "plates" from another make of aerobar on top of the stock ones, and then using the corresponding larger pads, say from the Visiontech Trimax.

I'm hoping for this to be a bit of a brainstorming session - let's see what we Easton Attack owners can collectively come up with to improve our comfort on these otherwise wicked bars. We shouldn't accept the discomfort and let it affect our training and racing.

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas.

Cheers!

dragon76 said:
Hey guys, if you've got an Easton Attack aerobar, then you've probably gotten numb forearms like me from resting them on those tiny lil elbow pads. Well, I'm curious. Has anyone ever tried modifying the arm rest "plates" so that they are larger, e.g. by glueing the "plates" from another make of aerobar on top of the stock ones, and then using the corresponding larger pads, say from the Visiontech Trimax.

I'm hoping for this to be a bit of a brainstorming session - let's see what we Easton Attack owners can collectively come up with to improve our comfort on these otherwise wicked bars. We shouldn't accept the discomfort and let it affect our training and racing.

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas.

Cheers!

Push harder on the pedals and you'll put less weight on the elbow pads...

Someone just recommended that I try the Cee Gee Cushy pads. Comments on them are very positive. They look promising.

glue some velcro onto the arm rests and install syntace or other aftermarket pads