Brainwashing Fiancee?

dw_moto

Jan 3, 2006
I share an apartment with my fiancee and his brother. We currently have six bicycles sitting in the living room. I would like to get a new road bike but the boys are starting to complain about the mountain of metal. I personnaly love the "industrial" decor. I was wondering if anyone has been able to deal with reluctant roommates/significant others and has some advice. So far I've tried a bicycle storage rack (quickly "outgrew" it) and bicycle frame curtains (they look pretty darn cool).

dw_moto said:
I share an apartment with my fiancee and his brother. We currently have six bicycles sitting in the living room. I would like to get a new road bike but the boys are starting to complain about the mountain of metal. I personnaly love the "industrial" decor. I was wondering if anyone has been able to deal with reluctant roommates/significant others and has some advice. So far I've tried a bicycle storage rack (quickly "outgrew" it) and bicycle frame curtains (they look pretty darn cool).
sell all your bikes and get a studio apt.

also DTB as tom leykis says!

I think selling all my bikes would be a little counter-productive. I want more not less.

netscriber said:
Sell your fiance and his brother.. :D

Or just sell _their_ bikes. More room for your new one, and less reason for them to complain about the number of bikes-a win/win, right?

Sell theirs and blame it on a break-in. Or, buy the new bike anyways and find another place to stash it... like a closet or somewhere similar.

Sounds like your the guy and the fiance and brothers are girls. Are you sure they don't wear skirts?

dw_moto said:

Try the jedi mind trick. 'You won't mind another bike. A road bike would be a good thing. I think I'll help you buy one now.' Let me know if it works.

Seriously, my sons and I have about 12 bikes. However, we have a house with a basement and a garage. Have you thought about moving to a larger abode or one with additional storage for bikes?

I currently have five bikes. I continually remind my wife of 17 years that I could either sell them and lay on the couch eating dougnuts and smoking cigars and die in two years, or cycle 150 miles a week, collect bikes, eat right and live to a ripe old age. She sometimes chooses the former, but we won't go there.

Thanks for all the ideas. I think we might have come to an agreement. I get a bicycle and he gets a plasma tv.

dw_moto said:
Thanks for all the ideas. I think we might have come to an agreement. I get a bicycle and he gets a plasma tv.
try asking at lbs's about old racks. i picked up a rack from one that was going out of business and mounted it over our fish tank and book cases. we had a big room though. its the kind that mounts to the wall around 4' high and has rails with hooks. ill try and get a pic of it, its on the side of the house now.