Brake Discs

Mak'em Lad

May 31, 2010
I want to replace the discs on my mountain bike. It is fitted with Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic brakes & 160mm rotors. Will any of the Avid 160mm rotors fit? I am looking at the G3 Clean Sweep.

Added at 00:59 UK local time.

The discs are Avid G2 and as far as I can tell the G3 clean sweep is the newer, lighter & improved heat disapation version, is that correct?

Mak'em Lad;3954471 said:
I want to replace the discs on my mountain bike. It is fitted with Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic brakes & 160mm rotors. Will any of the Avid 160mm rotors fit? I am looking at the G3 Clean Sweep.

Added at 00:59 UK local time.

The discs are Avid G2 and as far as I can tell the G3 clean sweep is the newer, lighter & improved heat disapation version, is that correct?

Pretty much any 160mm rotor will work.

Thanks, That's pretty much what I'd worked out for the info I was looking at but wanted to double check. I knew someone one here would know.

Thanks again.

Hi all

I am a mountain bike rider, and have two MTB bikes depending on what trails I'm riding, I've been riding MTB or about 15 years now

After seeing on the roads several singlepeeds bikes and finding them rather fun have just purchased a Specialized Langster steel singlepeed, model 2011

This is just to ride around the countryside, not town and basically to strengthen my legs even more, so far have rode 26km with a couple of hills and no problems.

So this is just to say hello to a new world of biking, or to me at least, and hello to this forum.

http://minty95.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/singlespeed/