Brake lever position

David Reuteler wrote:

> did you mean with racers? :) i can't recall any photos of eddy crossing the line with bars set up
> this way.

Hell no - it was popular among the kind of teenagers who now ride BMX!

"Rik O'Shea" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bart Wellens who just became World cyclo-cross champion has his brake levers in an "interesting"
> position. See the following:

It's CYCLOCROSS! You're not on the road all the time, and a higher effective handlebar position is
preferable for forays into the dirt. C'mon...

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"ZeeExSixAre" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Rik O'Shea" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Bart Wellens who just became World cyclo-cross champion has his brake levers in an "interesting"
> > position. See the following:
>
> It's CYCLOCROSS! You're not on the road all the time, and a higher effective handlebar position is
> preferable for forays into the dirt. C'mon...

No, wrong, not just CYCLOCROSS!

Check out Jan Kirsipu - road sprinter extrodinaire

http://tinyurl.com/34zvs

Rik O'Shea wrote:

> Bart Wellens who just became World cyclo-cross champion has his brake levers in an "interesting"
> position. See the following:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/23agl
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2e8j9

The locals call that brake lever position the "high Belgian." It's apparently used in road cycling
and 'cross, and from the nickname, I'd guess it's most popular with Belgians.

Dave dvt at psu dot edu