Brake Leverage?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by rlichter, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. rlichter

    rlichter Guest

    I understand the lever ratio is different for dual- than for single-pivot. I have an old pair of
    Modolo brake levers I'd like to use with a set of Campy dual-pivot calipers, Can you advise how this
    will work out?

    Tags:

  2. Brian Smith

    Brian Smith Guest

    > I understand the lever ratio is different for dual- than for single-pivot. I have an old pair of
    > Modolo brake levers I'd like to use with a set of Campy dual-pivot calipers, Can you advise how
    > this will work out?

    higher leverage, less distance. pad clearance tighter than as designed, pad force higher. it should
    work fine assuming the differrence is not too great, I have used a similar arrangement to good
    effect in the past.

    -Brian Smith in NY

  3. Richard Chan

    Richard Chan Guest

    > I understand the lever ratio is different for dual- than for single-pivot. I have an old pair of
    > Modolo brake levers I'd like to use with a set of Campy dual-pivot calipers, Can you advise how
    > this will work out?

    I don't believe the Modolo levers have built in QR. Make sure you carry a pump when you change
    wheels because most likely you would have to deflate the tire.