Brake levers for small hands

Billy

Guest
I have a friend and she has never been able to find brake levers that fit her hands. They are always
too large so that she has trouble reaching them with her finger tips.

Any suggestions for brands/models/manufacturers who sell road/mountain brake levers designed for
smaller hands?

Thanks, Bill.

"Billy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a friend and she has never been able to find brake levers that fit her hands. They are
> always too large so that she has trouble reaching them with her finger tips.
>
> Any suggestions for brands/models/manufacturers who sell road/mountain brake levers designed for
> smaller hands?

The only Shimano adjustable-reach road lever is in the Sora group. I don't know about other
manufacturers.

For mountain levers, many of them have adjustable reach. Just visit your local bike shop for a good
selection.

Specialized is now selling a set of adjustable-reach secondary levers for road bikes that mount on
the horizontal section of the road bar. Think "safety levers" in concept without the crappy
implementation. Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/em0f Here's the long version:
http://www.specialized.com/SBCEqProduct.jsp?section=13188&browselevel=compon
ents&JServSessionIdroot=iqnlpo8p4u.j27003

Good luck, Buck

Billy wrote:
> I have a friend and she has never been able to find brake levers that fit her hands. They are
> always too large so that she has trouble reaching them with her finger tips.
>
> Any suggestions for brands/models/manufacturers who sell road/mountain brake levers designed for
> smaller hands?
>
> Thanks, Bill.

http://www.terrybicycles.com/BPA/7400700.lasso

I have these on my bike and they helped a LOT, especially in combination with a shorter stem and
Terry's handlebars.

http://www.terrybicycles.com/BPA/220.lasso http://www.terrybicycles.com/BPA/2310.lasso

"Buck" <j u n k m a i l @ g a l a x y c o r p . c o m> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> The only Shimano adjustable-reach road lever is in the Sora group. I don't know about other
> manufacturers.

Shimano recently introduced the ST-R600, which is apparently an Ultegra-level brifter with wedges of
various sizes that you insert to change the reach. Expensive, though.

> For mountain levers, many of them have adjustable reach. Just visit your local bike shop for a
> good selection.
>
> Specialized is now selling a set of adjustable-reach secondary levers for road bikes that mount on
> the horizontal section of the road bar. Think "safety levers" in concept without the crappy
> implementation. Here's a
link:
> http://tinyurl.com/em0f Here's the long version:

http://www.specialized.com/SBCEqProduct.jsp?section=13188&browselevel=compon
> ents&JServSessionIdroot=iqnlpo8p4u.j27003

I like this solution, too. Secondary levers are a popular item on cyclocross bikes, and there are a
number of models available, including a cheap ($30/pair) but apparently decent one from Tektro.

RichC