Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Brake Levers Patent 3403577

Started by Bwana_Mzee · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,104 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
28 April 2005
Last activity
28 April 2005
Original author
Bwana_Mzee
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,104
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a 23 year old Puch Cavalier (all Steel Racer), [ok stop laughing you in the corner!]. This has an extra brake lever that runs under but parallel to the top of the drop bars, so as one cruises through traffic resting on the top of the handle bars, your fingers can pull on the brakes without having to drop to pull the full handle. Its great.

    Anyway cut to the chase! I am in the market for a new bike (a proper one, like Specialized, giant etc) and note that this sort of contraption is not illustrated.

    Any ideas if these are still available since I have not seen them in the mags etc.

    Bwana Mzee😕

  2. I saw brakes similar to those old schoolies on a Giant OCR3(?) I think.

    Whatever number it is, its their entry level roadie.

    Bwana_Mzee said:

    I have a 23 year old Puch Cavalier (all Steel Racer), [ok stop laughing you in the corner!]. This has an extra brake lever that runs under but parallel to the top of the drop bars, so as one cruises through traffic resting on the top of the handle bars, your fingers can pull on the brakes without having to drop to pull the full handle. Its great.

    Anyway cut to the chase! I am in the market for a new bike (a proper one, like Specialized, giant etc) and note that this sort of contraption is not illustrated.

    Any ideas if these are still available since I have not seen them in the mags etc.

    Bwana Mzee😕

  3. Go to feltracing.com and take a look at the F90 or 91, can't remember which, it's their red entry level bike anyways...but they have those Brake contraptions...

    Bwana_Mzee said:

    I have a 23 year old Puch Cavalier (all Steel Racer), [ok stop laughing you in the corner!]. This has an extra brake lever that runs under but parallel to the top of the drop bars, so as one cruises through traffic resting on the top of the handle bars, your fingers can pull on the brakes without having to drop to pull the full handle. Its great.

    Anyway cut to the chase! I am in the market for a new bike (a proper one, like Specialized, giant etc) and note that this sort of contraption is not illustrated.

    Any ideas if these are still available since I have not seen them in the mags etc.

    Bwana Mzee😕

  4. They're starting to show up on some of the more comfort minded road bikes like the Specialized Sequoia. You can also get the levers after market:
    http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=69&subcategory=1015&brand=&sku=10888&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.