Brake pads compatibility URGENT OR WON"T RIDE TOMORROW

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Andrew, Apr 4, 2003.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    I got threaded V-brake pads and the ones in my bike are unthreaded ( on deore V's). Will these
    work? Thanks

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:

    Tags:

  2. Crystal

    Crystal Guest

    Neither will I.... the forecast is for 10 inches of snow in the next 24 hours!

    Take a day off!!!

    Crystal

  3. "Crystal" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Neither will I.... the forecast is for 10 inches of snow in the next
    24
    > hours!
    >
    > Take a day off!!!

    Yeah!!!!!! I'm heading to the Adirondacks. No V brakes for me.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  4. Joe Yannie

    Joe Yannie Guest

    No, they will not work and buy cartridges so you can just replace the pads. Deore pads suck anyway.

    "Andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I got threaded V-brake pads and the ones in my bike are unthreaded ( on deore V's). Will these
    > work? Thanks
    >
    > --
    > rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or
    > contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    > http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  5. Ok then what are the best v-pads out there?? "Joe Yannie" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > No, they will not work and buy cartridges so you can just replace the pads. Deore pads
    > suck anyway.
    >

    > "Andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I got threaded V-brake pads and the ones in my bike are unthreaded ( on deore V's). Will these
    > > work? Thanks
    > >
    > > --
    > > rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or
    > > contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    > > http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt
    > >

    > --
    > rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or
    > contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    > http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  6. Tauras

    Tauras Guest

    Simple XTR extreme/severe or what ever thay call it pads, 8$ a set and very durable if you can get
    them into the holders seems some out of spec floating around. For now I have 1000 miles of stops and
    bearly 50% wear, koolstops would be about toast, avid wrangler pads burnt toast at 800. Have fun!

    Tauras http://www.kcbx.net/~tsulaiti/surfreport/

    "Dr. Doug Trotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:pi%[email protected]...
    > Ok then what are the best v-pads out there?? "Joe Yannie" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    > > No, they will not work and buy cartridges so you can just replace the pads. Deore pads suck
    > > anyway.
    > >

    > > "Andrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > I got threaded V-brake pads and the ones in my bike are unthreaded (
    on
    > > > deore V's). Will these work? Thanks
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help
    solving
    > > > posting problems, or contact the moderators, please see
    http://rbor.org/
    > > > Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

    > > --
    > > rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or
    > > contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    > > http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt
    > >

    > --
    > rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or
    > contact the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    > http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  7. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Dr. Doug Trotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:pi%[email protected]...

    > Ok then what are the best v-pads out there??

    Whatever's on sale. (Look for the "top-poster's special"!)

    Bill "depends on rim type and conditions" S.