Brake spring...

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Richard, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    On my Vecchio Record side pulls, for some reason, it is very easy to knock the release spring out
    of its notch. Although this is easily fixed with a pair of needle nose pliers, the bike is
    unridable until I locate a pair. (Example - just bumping it with the tire during a wheel
    replacement has done it.)

    Any ideas as to why it is so easy to dislodge the spring? Remedies? (Perhaps remove the arms, then
    bend the spring in the direction of the arms?)

    Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Appkiller

    Appkiller Guest

    Get out the dremel tool and deepen the notch.

    App

    richard <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On my Vecchio Record side pulls, for some reason, it is very easy to knock the release spring out
    > of its notch. Although this is easily fixed with a pair of needle nose pliers, the bike is
    > unridable until I locate a pair. (Example - just bumping it with the tire during a wheel
    > replacement has done it.)
    >
    > Any ideas as to why it is so easy to dislodge the spring? Remedies? (Perhaps remove the arms, then
    > bend the spring in the direction of the arms?)
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. richard <[email protected]> wrote
    > On my Vecchio Record side pulls, for some reason, it is very easy to knock the release spring out
    > of its notch. Although this is easily fixed with a pair of needle nose pliers, the bike is
    > unridable until I locate a pair. (Example - just bumping it with the tire during a wheel
    > replacement has done it.) Any ideas as to why it is so easy to dislodge the spring? Remedies?
    > (Perhaps remove the arms, then bend the spring in the direction of the arms?)

    Get the spring out, clamp it in a vice and bend it a bit.

    Sergio Pisa