Brake spring...

Richard

Guest
On my Vecchio Record side pulls, for some reason, it is very easy to knock the release spring out
of its notch. Although this is easily fixed with a pair of needle nose pliers, the bike is
unridable until I locate a pair. (Example - just bumping it with the tire during a wheel
replacement has done it.)

Any ideas as to why it is so easy to dislodge the spring? Remedies? (Perhaps remove the arms, then
bend the spring in the direction of the arms?)

Thanks!

Get out the dremel tool and deepen the notch.

App

richard <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BQMS9.280192$qF3.25110@sccrnsc04>...
> On my Vecchio Record side pulls, for some reason, it is very easy to knock the release spring out
> of its notch. Although this is easily fixed with a pair of needle nose pliers, the bike is
> unridable until I locate a pair. (Example - just bumping it with the tire during a wheel
> replacement has done it.)
>
> Any ideas as to why it is so easy to dislodge the spring? Remedies? (Perhaps remove the arms, then
> bend the spring in the direction of the arms?)
>
> Thanks!

richard <[email protected]> wrote
> On my Vecchio Record side pulls, for some reason, it is very easy to knock the release spring out
> of its notch. Although this is easily fixed with a pair of needle nose pliers, the bike is
> unridable until I locate a pair. (Example - just bumping it with the tire during a wheel
> replacement has done it.) Any ideas as to why it is so easy to dislodge the spring? Remedies?
> (Perhaps remove the arms, then bend the spring in the direction of the arms?)

Get the spring out, clamp it in a vice and bend it a bit.

Sergio Pisa