Brakes Cane Creek SCR-3 vs Shimano 105

bedian

Oct 4, 2005
Hi. Newbie here. Anyone have experience with Cane Creek SCR-3 brakes and if so, how they compare with Shimano 105's.

:)
bedian said:
Hi. Newbie here. Anyone have experience with Cane Creek SCR-3 brakes and if so, how they compare with Shimano 105's.

Yes, I've experienced Cane Creek SCR-3 and they work like high end Shimano brake calipers, as long as you employ Kool Stop Dura-type brake pads with the Cane Creek calipers. The Cane Creek design are very similar the Shimano so you can utilize Shimano break pads. Cane Creek stock pads are cheap and will, over time, destroy your tire rims. Bottom line is that Cane Creek SCR-3 stops you as good or better than Shimano 105 or Ultegra. If you're not caught up with name brand I would save some money and purchase the Cane Creek SCR-3 (with Kool Stop Dura-type break pads). Now, comparing Campys to Cane Creek or Shimano is another story. The truth of the matter is that ALL breaks will safely stop you, Nashbar, etc. If you're budget minded like I am, go with Cane Creek SCR-3 and employ the Kool Stop (Dura-type, black, www.koolstop.com) break stop. They are TERRIFIC!!!!