brakes upgrade

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by frenk, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. frenk

    frenk New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2003
    Hi everybody! I've been reading this forums since long time but this is my first post.

    Here's the question: I'm riding a student-budget Pinarello cadore, steel frame, Campy Mirage (the old one, Ergopower but still with single-pivot calipers).

    For a new complete bike I'll have to wait one year more, so now I wanted to make some "cheap" upgrades.
    I was thinking about new dual-pivot brakes, the actual ones are not so efficient...
    Is it a good idea?
    Which calipers are compatible with my setup? For example Shimano 105? Or the shimano are not at all compatible with campy levers?
    Or maybe there are some other more effective upgrade before this?

    Thanks, greetings from Switzerland!

    Frenk

    Tags:

  2. "frenk" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everybody! I've been reading this forums since long time but this is my first post.
    >
    > Here's the question: I'm riding a student-budget Pinarello cadore, steel frame, Campy Mirage (the
    > old one, Ergopower but still with single-pivot calipers).
    >
    > For a new complete bike I'll have to wait one year more, so now I wanted to make some "cheap"
    > upgrades. I was thinking about new dual-pivot brakes, the actual ones are not so efficient... Is
    > it a good idea? Which calipers are compatible with my setup? For example Shimano 105? Or the
    > shimano are not at all compatible with campy levers? Or maybe there are some other more effective
    > upgrade before this?
    >
    > Thanks, greetings from Switzerland!
    >
    > Frenk

    Why not get new Veloce brakes. Affordable and nice too.

    Rob Strickland

  3. "Robert Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "frenk" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi everybody! I've been reading this forums since long time but this is my first post.
    > >
    > > Here's the question: I'm riding a student-budget Pinarello cadore, steel frame, Campy Mirage
    > > (the old one, Ergopower but still with single-pivot calipers).
    > >
    > > For a new complete bike I'll have to wait one year more, so now I wanted to make some "cheap"
    > > upgrades. I was thinking about new dual-pivot brakes, the actual ones are not so efficient... Is
    > > it a good idea? Which calipers are compatible with my setup? For example Shimano 105? Or the
    > > shimano are not at all compatible with campy levers? Or maybe there are some other more
    > > effective upgrade before this?
    > >
    > > Thanks, greetings from Switzerland!
    > >
    > > Frenk
    >
    > Why not get new Veloce brakes. Affordable and nice too.
    >
    > Rob Strickland

    Yes, is what i'll do! Thanks!

    Frenk