BRAKES

Uwe Reymann

Guest
My brakes which felt as good as ABS brakes on a car suddenly dont grip anymore and I am now gliding
to a stop.

This seems to have happended over the past weekend at which time I was out in some rather hefty
rainstorms.

I have tried to clean the rim and sandpaper down the pads but the brakes are still not what they
used to be.

How can get my old effectiveness or the brakes back ?

Thanks

Uwe Reymann

Uwe Reymann wrote:
> My brakes which felt as good as ABS brakes on a car suddenly dont grip anymore and I am now
> gliding to a stop.
>
> This seems to have happended over the past weekend at which time I was out in some rather hefty
> rainstorms.
>
> I have tried to clean the rim and sandpaper down the pads but the brakes are still not what they
> used to be.
>
> How can get my old effectiveness or the brakes back ?

Brake pads can wear very rapidly in the rain - I've had a pair last for 2 years and then be almost
worn out in one day's wet riding. how much "meat" is left on them?