BRAKES

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Uwe Reymann, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Uwe Reymann

    Uwe Reymann Guest

    My brakes which felt as good as ABS brakes on a car suddenly dont grip anymore and I am now gliding
    to a stop.

    This seems to have happended over the past weekend at which time I was out in some rather hefty
    rainstorms.

    I have tried to clean the rim and sandpaper down the pads but the brakes are still not what they
    used to be.

    How can get my old effectiveness or the brakes back ?

    Thanks

    Uwe Reymann

    Tags:

  2. Uwe Reymann wrote:
    > My brakes which felt as good as ABS brakes on a car suddenly dont grip anymore and I am now
    > gliding to a stop.
    >
    > This seems to have happended over the past weekend at which time I was out in some rather hefty
    > rainstorms.
    >
    > I have tried to clean the rim and sandpaper down the pads but the brakes are still not what they
    > used to be.
    >
    > How can get my old effectiveness or the brakes back ?

    Brake pads can wear very rapidly in the rain - I've had a pair last for 2 years and then be almost
    worn out in one day's wet riding. how much "meat" is left on them?