brand new, havent even ridden yet...

themeatballking7

Guest
i just bought a torker unistar lx (20 inch) b/c i saw a clip of universe
II and thought this looked like a kickin thing to get into, so could
somebody tell me how i get started like trying to ride it... b/c ive
never even seen a unicycle in real life so i have no idea what im doing.
all help is greatly appreciated

--
themeatballking7
themeatballking7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8926

themeatballking7 wrote:
> *i just bought a torker unistar lx (20 inch) b/c i saw a clip of
> universe II and thought this looked like a kickin thing to get into,
> so could somebody tell me how i get started like trying to ride it...
> b/c ive never even seen a unicycle in real life so i have no idea what
> im doing. all help is greatly appreciated *

1. Pull the seat into place, with the saddle beteen your legs right
under your... crotch.

2. Spin in the wheel so that one pedal is in the 3:00 (like a clock)
position, as shown in the next picture.

3. Put both(or one) hands on the handrail, fence, or a wall

4. Step on the pedal closest to you. You want the wheel to rotate
1/4-turn backwards. Step on the pedal and pull yourself up, and place
your oter foot on your pedal. You should now be on the seat with the
wheel underneath you.

5. Hold onto the handrail/wall tightly and lean forward slightly while
pedaling slowly.

Keep doing that until you are very comfortable doing so, then try riding
away from a wall. At first you may not be able to go very far but slowly
and sure ly you will get better. Eventually riding will click, and there
will be no end to how far you can go. The you learn to fre mount.

-Excerpted from Unicycle.com, with my own modifications from how I
learned to ride.

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy) <--- Gallery
ѕαиτα τнατ’ѕ
му οиℓу ωιѕн
τнιѕ уεαя...

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:46:01 -0600, "themeatballking7" wrote:

>somebody tell me how i get started like trying to ride it..

Go to <http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/uni_beginners.htm>, and then
download the Word doc "Learning to Unicycle" by Andrew Carter and
myself.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
Today (31 December) is the last day this year. Happy Old Year!

and let us know how it goes

good luck

--
GILD - Waffle-****** and Time-bider

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
alice 'roosevelt' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) longworth
I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- William H.
Mauldin

'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)

Embalizym wrote:
> * Let us know how it goes for you & wish me luck.
>
> ~Emily *

Keep most of your weight on the saddle, it's a whole lot easier on the
legs by doing so. For some people, the learning curve can be steep.
Practice, practice and then practice some more.
Good luck to both of you :D

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 07:14:37 -0600, "Krashin'Kenny" wrote:

>For some people, the learning curve can be steep.

Those are the lucky ones!

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
Today (1 January) is the first day this year. Happy New Year!

Hey, I'm new too, I'd really like someone to talk/study with, about
learning specific things, I can now ride pretty well, and freemount, but
It only has taken me five days now to get there, email me if you'd like
to talk about learning to uni, I'd really apretiate someone learning
along side me, even if its just through corispondence.

[email protected]

--
cyberpunk - Started:12/26/04 Level 1:12/30/04
cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923

cyberpunk wrote:

> [email protected] [/B]

Word of the wise....Not recommending you post your email address with
the @ in it.. Do something like cyberpunk(at)gmail.com....It just
helps prevent your email from getting out to unwanted spammers.

--
fluffinator007 - Expert UPD'ist

My image was voted out.
fluffinator007's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4757