Brand New SL+ Doesn't Work

Yojimbo_

Apr 17, 2005
Hi Guys

My brand new SL+ doesn't work. The computer doesn't show the transmit icon.

I've tried FIND, and I've tried LEARN, but nothing happens. I haven't replaced the hub batteries yet but that's all I can think of. I can't believe my brand new device would be shipped without decent batteries.

Any other thoughts or experiences?

Thanks

Yojimbo_ said:
Hi Guys

My brand new SL+ doesn't work. The computer doesn't show the transmit icon.

I've tried FIND, and I've tried LEARN, but nothing happens. I haven't replaced the hub batteries yet but that's all I can think of. I can't believe my brand new device would be shipped without decent batteries.

Any other thoughts or experiences?

Thanks
Stupid question - is the hub awake? Have you spun it a few times to get it transmitting a signal?

i just installed a used one this afternoon and had the same problem. it didn't seem to want to wake up. i fiddled with the wires on the handlebar mount, pedaled, then everything began to work.

are you getting cadence & heart rate?

are you sure the rear sensor is placed correctly?

are the hub batteries good?

is the computer properly seated in the handlbar mount? sometimes you really have to push hard to seat it.

good luck.......if the unit is new, i am sure you'll get it working.

I had the same problem when I got my SL-equipped Cosmics.
Finally, I resorted to taking out the batteries and putting them back in.
Amazingly, it worked, I have no idea why.
Incidentally, I just got a rear training wheel with an Elite + hub, and I did the Learn 1 function on it. It worked like a charm. The older (SL) hub ID is still there, but it looks for the newer one (the elite +) first. Speaking of which, is your headunit an older (non + one)? If so, you will need to update the firmware to make it compatible with the +hub.

BikingBrian said:
I had the same problem when I got my SL-equipped Cosmics.
Finally, I resorted to taking out the batteries and putting them back in.
Amazingly, it worked, I have no idea why.
Incidentally, I just got a rear training wheel with an Elite + hub, and I did the Learn 1 function on it. It worked like a charm. The older (SL) hub ID is still there, but it looks for the newer one (the elite +) first. Speaking of which, is your headunit an older (non + one)? If so, you will need to update the firmware to make it compatible with the +hub.
Somewhat common problem is that the pod to hold the computer is very tight in the beginning and really requires force (or more courage) to push the computer in to get contact.