brand new to biking

annamason

May 14, 2004
I am so excited about cycling, but I have no idea what I am doing. I need major help! I think I am having trouble with handlebar/seat adjustment because I am tiring really really fast. I have been running for a while now and I can't believe I would be spent after only 1/2 mile of riding. What am I doing wrong?

Originally posted by annamason
I am so excited about cycling, but I have no idea what I am doing. I need major help! I think I am having trouble with handlebar/seat adjustment because I am tiring really really fast. I have been running for a while now and I can't believe I would be spent after only 1/2 mile of riding. What am I doing wrong?

Best advice I can give is to go to your Local Bike Shop and introduce yourself. Pay them an hours labour to fit your bike for you. It'll be money well spent. Besides, nothing like developing a good relationship with the wrenches before you need them desperately, which by no means a coincidence but rather a universal truth, will be less than 24 hrs prior to the Big Event of the season...

Your LBS should *fit* you to your bike for nothing. Sure, offer to pay, but never go back if they really change you! Remember that bike shops make money on loyal customer bases-- they should help you for free becuase you are likely to spend money with them in future.

I'd also buy something if you get fitted-- tubes, tyre levers and a pump are a good start