Brand New to Cycling - Just visited my FIRST Pro Bike Shop

Originally Posted by ProdigalCyclist .

Alpha...

Did you see my suggestions on shoes? I left links to quite a few different shoes I think you might be interested in. Not saying you "need" to get any of the ones I linked you to, but I figured it would be a good place to start. They are all compatable with the SPD type pedal you're looking at.

If you get a chance.... Follow a riders return to the bike after a 15+ year "offseason" http://theprodigalcyclistca.blogspot.com/
Yes, I did see the recommendations. I responded above in my previous post. However, I became a little confused after reading kdelong's post.

Originally Posted by AlphaHelix .

Yes, I did see the recommendations. I responded above in my previous post. However, I became a little confused after reading kdelong's post.
Sorry I confused you. In not so many words, MTB shoes and Touring shoes are made so that you can walk around in them without damaging the cleat or the floor. Road shoes are not made for this.

Typically, when you purchase a pair of pedals, the corresponding cleats come with it. Most brands of cleats use the same bolt hole pattern, therefore, most shoes already have the corresponding holes in the sole of the shoe. The ones that are not compatible are shoes that have a different hole pattern than the cleat that the rider wants to use.

Don't make the same mistake that I did and put the clip the cleat into the pedal before you put the cleat on your shoe. It is fairly difficult to remove it.

When you driving anything u must have to wear helmet becoze helmet is like a seat belt it protect you from any problem