Brands in Australia

eckhous

Jul 16, 2003
Hi all,
First, hi to every one, I'm new in the forum, for know I live in Israel but in a few month I going to relocated to AU.

If someone can give my some statistics regarding the brand of bikes that sold in AU?, I'm riding now the Pinarello surprise.

What are the prices ranges, the same as in the US?

10x for the info
Tomer

You can get jsut about everything here (including Pinarello). Economies of scale mean prices are higher than in the US.

Prices of good quality bikes really suck down here -- heaps more than the U.S.

I don't know much about export and import costs, but it might be worth working out the price of bringing a bike over with you

Having just moved to the US from Aus, I can confirm the price difference between the two countries is pronounced. Bikes that were way out of my budget back home are definitely in the ball park here. Add to that the great exchange rate at the moment, and I'm in heaven. Just need to decide what to buy.

Of course, going the other way as you are will be is a bit painful on the hip pocket unless you purchase overseas and take your new steed with you to Aus. If it is used a bit customs tend to go easy on import duties if you declare it. If not and they find out, they'll go through you like a dose of salts.

ed073 said:
Gold!
Wish I'd thought of that....

I hope you're being sarcastic, because i reckon it was the most boring and predictable thing I could've said, but I couldn't resist. :p

Just like when Rik in The Young Ones said, whilst playing Monopoly:
"wouldn't it be great if all this money was real".

531Aussie said:
I hope you're being sarcastic, because i reckon it was the most boring and predictable thing I could've said, but I couldn't resist. :p

Just like when Rik in The Young Ones said, whilst playing Monopoly:
"wouldn't it be great if all this money was real".

lol....

Nah...I don;t read the usernames....so I had to go back and see WTF you were on about. Then I got it.

As BlackAdder would say, "If it was any more cunning, you could slap a pair of ears and a tail on it and call it a fox"or words to that effect...