Brands?

Elliott Selman

Nov 28, 2011
So I was on the MEC website, and Im looking at new seats. Still new to this, so I am wondering, if "Terry" or "Planet Bike" are decent brands? Im not looking for top of the line right now, but all the same, I dont want to buy something thats not very good.

Elliott Selman said:
So I was on the MEC website, and Im looking at new seats. Still new to this, so I am wondering, if "Terry" or "Planet Bike" are decent brands? Im not looking for top of the line right now, but all the same, I dont want to buy something thats not very good.
Given you're new at this, buying a saddle online is not the best option. FWIW, those brands are fine, but that means very little when it comes to finding a saddle that works for you.

If you are having a problem with your existing saddle buying on-line is not a good idea. Visit your LBS and inquire if they offer trial saddles. If they do you can then try out a few saddles over a period of time and find one that works for you.

Buying on-line can be cheap although buying a few saddles to find the right one can get down right expensive.

Didn't I just read (in another thread) that you just bought a new Trek 820? You called yourself [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 205)]new-ish to biking[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 205)]. [/COLOR]If you give yourself... or that part of yourself.... that has been hurting a little time you might not need a new saddle.

There is a bunch of info here at the forum and elsewhere about saddle fit, and feel, and sit bones, and more. But to make a long story short... it may take a little time to break your butt into cycling. Reading up about bicycle fit and adjusting would be a good activity after dark while you log some miles on the new bicycle. I wouldn't rush to replace the saddle that you have now.