Brass Monkeys

Drinky

Guest
Anyone got any ideas for keeping their Nethers warm in this weather?

Drinky wrote:

> Anyone got any ideas for keeping their Nethers warm in this weather?

Fleece lined bib medium longs...

--
bob [at] bobarnott [dot] com http://www.bobarnott.com/
"Crash programs fail because they are based on theory that, with nine women pregnant, you can get a

"Drinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone got any ideas for keeping their Nethers warm in this weather?

I had this probem. Both in winter and strangely in summer on descents.

All you need to do is to do is block the wind so anything stuffed down the front has a benficial
effect, plastic sheets or a 2 of sheets of kitchen paper are good.

Rain proof over trousers also work.

However since I have moved my saddle forward and avoid overly padded shorts/bib longs the problem
doesn't seems so bad.

>I had this probem. Both in winter and strangely in summer on descents.
>
>All you need to do is to do is block the wind so anything stuffed down the front has a benficial
>effect, plastic sheets or a 2 of sheets of kitchen paper are good.

From now on, whenever I see a male cyclist cycling in cold weather, yet strnagely smiling, I am
going to be plagued by terrible thoughts of what he might have stuffed down his trousers...

Cheers, helen s ;-) --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove
dependency on fame & fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$ do not
post my correct 1 on *any* public forum - thanks

Drinky wrote:

> Anyone got any ideas for keeping their Nethers warm in this weather?

Wire a 12V dynamo to a heated codpiece. This may mean converting to battery lights if you ride
in the dark.

Of course, lower temperatures are good for sperm production :)

>Wire a 12V dynamo to a heated codpiece. This may mean converting to battery lights if you ride in
>the dark.

ye gods, this thread is doing my imagination no good whatsoever. I shall be having nightmares ;-)

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$ do not post my correct 1 on
*any* public forum - thanks

In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard
of [email protected] (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

> From now on, whenever I see a male cyclist cycling in cold weather, yet strnagely smiling, I am
> going to be plagued by terrible thoughts of what he might have stuffed down his trousers...

I've never felt cold in the private parts whilst cycling. And I wear a good deal less than most
people in colder weather (still in shorts). Don't take the problems of some to represent all of us.

I could be grinning at the endorphines, the weather, the view .... or just feeling smug about not
wearing bibshorts in[1] your presence.

[1] or indeed out of

--
Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)

"Drinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone got any ideas for keeping their Nethers warm in this weather?

Get really thick fleecy longs - readily available. Not lycra - too thin. Also try wearing cycling
shorts as well.

If you keep all the other bits warm you get a beneficial effect all round. Neoprene feet warmers are
really good. Also good woolly hats and gloves and a thin scarf to stop cold creeping down neck.

Several thin layers (thermals etc) are better than 2/3 thicker ones.

Don't suffer - if you get too hot, slow down a bit.

Julian

>> Anyone got any ideas for keeping their Nethers warm in this weather?
>
>Put a sock in it.

Would it be more insualting and less painful to put a sock *on* it, as opposed to *in* it?

Cheers, helen s