Brasstown Bald Question

B. Lafferty

Guest
I know that the BB climb goes over 20% at some points. Does anyone know the
maximum %grade and for how long it stays that way and/or above 20%? I've
used a topo program on it and there are some readings of 30+%. Topo isn't
always accurate though.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> I know that the BB climb goes over 20% at some points. Does anyone know the
> maximum %grade and for how long it stays that way and/or above 20%? I've
> used a topo program on it and there are some readings of 30+%. Topo isn't
> always accurate though.

A long time ago I drove to the top in a econobox Dodge Colt. It
had a manual transmission and most of the way up I had it in
2nd gear. There was one really nasty stretch not too far from
the top where I had to slip it into 1st to keep it going. It
was the only paved climb I ever went up in that car where I
had to do that.

When I rode up, that was the point where I had to circle a little
bit and recover so I could make it to the top without putting a
foot down. It's a ***** of a climb.

Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> When I rode up, that was the point where I had to circle a little
> bit and recover so I could make it to the top without putting a
> foot down. It's a ***** of a climb.

Typical fattie trackie wanking...

Mark Fennell wrote:
> fattie trackie wanking...