Bravo Tyler

B. Lafferty

Guest
Tyler to Phonak. Two years for 3 million Euros. Bravo!!!! He deserves every euro of it.

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Tyler to Phonak. Two years for 3 million Euros. Bravo!!!! He deserves every euro of it.

Really? Then I predict that Tyler's next season won't be even close to this one. I'm surprised he
didn't continue with CSC and Riis with the amazing results he achieved.

I hope I'm wrong because I really like Tyler, but I don't see that kind of results coming
from Phonak.

--Noel

B. Lafferty wrote:
> Tyler to Phonak. Two years for 3 million Euros. Bravo!!!! He deserves every euro of it.

Yeah, after all those glowing words over the past two years about what a great guy Bjarne Riis is,
how he loves riding with Carlos Sastre, what a splendid buch of soigneurs and mechanics they have,
it boils down to the money. Here I thought he moved to CSC to be a team leader. Ah, well, he's
probably only got a couple years to make hay, might as well make the best of it.

Noel Llopis wrote:

> I hope I'm wrong because I really like Tyler, but I don't see that kind of results coming
> from Phonak.

Just look what they did to Alex Zuelle.

Why, Tyler, Why?

Originally posted by Kyle Legate
Noel Llopis wrote:

> I hope I'm wrong because I really like Tyler, but I don't see that kind of results coming
> from Phonak.

Just look what they did to Alex Zuelle.

Why, Tyler, Why?
Phonak will be a good place for Tyler. They are trying to make good with the rumours of them signing Beloki.

"Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:
> > Tyler to Phonak. Two years for 3 million Euros. Bravo!!!! He deserves
every
> > euro of it.
> >

> Yeah, after all those glowing words over the past two years about what a great guy Bjarne Riis is,
> how he loves riding with Carlos Sastre, what a splendid buch of soigneurs and mechanics they have,
> it boils down to the money. Here I thought he moved to CSC to be a team leader. Ah, well, he's
> probably only got a couple years to make hay, might as well make the best of it.

I think his compliments towards Riis and CSC wre sincere. I can't blame him for moving on, and
Phonak could be good for him. Riis clearly gave Tyler the confidence to acheive which he will
take with him.

IMO, Tyler is the Andy Hampsten of his US generation. That is to say, he's a rider who always rides
to the best of his ability and wins (or is capable of winning) a variety of different types of
races. Plus, he's not an arrogant jerk like some other top riders in the peloton. I don't think
he'll ever win the TdF; podium yes. He could repeat a la Hampsten if he makes the Giro a goal again.

Tyler "Show Me the Money" Hamilton - big disappointment after two successul years. Leaves a winning
environment to chase the filthy lucre. If there was one guy I thought bigger than $$$'s...

> "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > B. Lafferty wrote:
> > > Tyler to Phonak. Two years for 3 million Euros. Bravo!!!! He deserves
> every
> > > euro of it.
> > >

> > Yeah, after all those glowing words over the past two years about what a great guy Bjarne Riis
> > is, how he loves riding with Carlos Sastre, what a splendid buch of soigneurs and mechanics they
> > have, it boils down to the money. Here I thought he moved to CSC to be a team leader. Ah, well,
> > he's probably only got a couple years to make hay, might as well make the best of it.
>
> I think his compliments towards Riis and CSC wre sincere. I can't blame him for moving on, and
> Phonak could be good for him. Riis clearly gave Tyler the confidence to acheive which he will take
> with him.
>
> IMO, Tyler is the Andy Hampsten of his US generation. That is to say, he's
> rider who always rides to the best of his ability and wins (or is capable
of
> winning) a variety of different types of races. Plus, he's not an
arrogant
> jerk like some other top riders in the peloton. I don't think he'll ever win the TdF; podium yes.
> He could repeat a la Hampsten if he makes the
Giro
> a goal again.

> Tyler to Phonak. Two years for 3 million Euros. Bravo!!!! He deserves
every
> euro of it.

There are many accomplishments of Tyler Hamilton to admire, but signing a piece of paper doesn't
inspire a "Bravo" in this person.

I enjoy pro cycling because of what the men do on the bike, not the size of their paychecks.

Your obsession is showing again, Henry.

news:R%[email protected]...

B. Lafferty wrote:
> "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>B. Lafferty wrote:
>>
>>>Tyler to Phonak. Two years for 3 million Euros. Bravo!!!! He deserves
>
> every
>
>>>euro of it.
>>>

>>Yeah, after all those glowing words over the past two years about what a great guy Bjarne Riis is,
>>how he loves riding with Carlos Sastre, what a splendid buch of soigneurs and mechanics they have,
>>it boils down to the money. Here I thought he moved to CSC to be a team leader. Ah, well, he's
>>probably only got a couple years to make hay, might as well make the best of it.
>

> I think his compliments towards Riis and CSC wre sincere. I can't blame him for moving on, and
> Phonak could be good for him. Riis clearly gave Tyler the confidence to acheive which he will take
> with him.
>
> IMO, Tyler is the Andy Hampsten of his US generation. That is to say, he's a rider who always
> rides to the best of his ability and wins (or is capable of winning) a variety of different types
> of races. Plus, he's not an arrogant jerk like some other top riders in the peloton. I don't
> think he'll ever win the TdF; podium yes. He could repeat a la Hampsten if he makes the Giro a
> goal again.

I think his best chances at the TdF podium were with CSC. Phonak, simply put, is buying their way
into the tour. He may do well, but I think CSC was his best ticket.

Cycling expert wrote:

> Kyle Legate wrote:
> > Noel Llopis wrote:
> > >
> > > I hope I'm wrong because I really like Tyler, but I don't see that kind of results coming
> > > from Phonak.
> > >
> > Just look what they did to Alex Zuelle. Why, Tyler, Why?
>

> Phonak will be a good place for Tyler. They are trying to make good with the rumours of them
> signing Beloki.

I can't see that. Beloki and Tyler on the same team? What? Tyler for Giro and TdF, Beloki for TdF
and Veulta? So who'd be the team leader for the TdF. Take a moment to consider Beloki's pride and
ambitions before answering.

> Your obsession is showing again, Henry.

Bravo!

for signing a piece of paper?

Sorry, doesn't work for me. Didn't "Bravo!" Alex Rodriguez for his $250 million contract either.
Nice accomplishments he has on the field though.

"matabala" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Tyler "Show Me the Money" Hamilton - big disappointment after two
successul
> years. Leaves a winning environment to chase the filthy lucre. If there was one guy I thought
> bigger than $$$'s...

Do you think he should have stayed with Postal earning even fewer $$$$? It's a business and one is
offered pay based upon perceived ability and results. LBL, TdR and 4th in the Tour will make your
worth go up to Euro sponsors interested in more that just TdF results.

BTW, I seem to recall some guy from Texas who had his lawyers all over Pear Izumi and Cannondale
over not showing him the money.

"matabala" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Tyler "Show Me the Money" Hamilton - big disappointment after two
successul
> years. Leaves a winning environment to chase the filthy lucre. If there was one guy I thought
> bigger than $$$'s...

Stated like someone under 30 who doesn't quite understand what it may mean to TH that his primary
career will probably be over in 3 years, at the ripe OLD age of what, 36? Contrary to some younger
person's opinions, there is a good quality of life after 30, 40, 50 even. Because TH probably
doesn't have anything really to fall back on, unless he's been getting his JD, MD, etc. in night
school, his signing for the most $$$ he can find for the next few years is absolutely the smartest
thing he can do for himself and his family.

Vol

B. Lafferty wrote:

> "matabala" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>Tyler "Show Me the Money" Hamilton - big disappointment after two
>
> successul
>
>>years. Leaves a winning environment to chase the filthy lucre. If there was one guy I thought
>>bigger than $$$'s...
>

> Do you think he should have stayed with Postal earning even fewer $$$$? It's a business and one is
> offered pay based upon perceived ability and results. LBL, TdR and 4th in the Tour will make your
> worth go up to Euro sponsors interested in more that just TdF results.

Right. See Tyler Hamilton, the human wonder, finishes GTs with injuries most riders would abandon
with. He's certainly going to have a lot of appeal, as tough as he is, he's also a very humble rider
and rains accolades and thanks on those around him. If he's not careful some swiss mother will try
to adopt him and fatten him up, "You so skinny, eat! Eat!" I certainly wish him the best of luck
with them.

For real sponsor bucks he shouldn't be going to a hearing systems team, but something like a
Navigators euro team, "If you are accident prone like Tyler, you need insurance! Watch how quickly
his benefits kick in after a crash!"

His situation with Postal wasn't anything like the cat-birds seat he was in with CSC. He was the top
dog and seemed to be holding a decent hand. Guess he was just looking for a bigger payday, nothing
terribly unusual about that.

> "matabala" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Tyler "Show Me the Money" Hamilton - big disappointment after two
> successul
> > years. Leaves a winning environment to chase the filthy lucre. If
there
> > was one guy I thought bigger than $$$'s...
>
> Do you think he should have stayed with Postal earning even fewer $$$$? It's a business and one is
> offered pay based upon perceived ability and results. LBL, TdR and 4th in the Tour will make your
> worth go up to Euro sponsors interested in more that just TdF results.
>
> BTW, I seem to recall some guy from Texas who had his lawyers all over
Pear
> Izumi and Cannondale over not showing him the money.

Andy could never get near the front of a TT and that was the reason he never acheived what he should
have. Tyler can win just about any TT and that makes him a top flight racer.

Phonak is a big time team and they can support Tyler in the big races which CSC couldn't. Moreover,
there are the rumors that Riis is having money problems on the team.

A turd in the hand smells like two in the bush.

> "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > B. Lafferty wrote:
> > > Tyler to Phonak. Two years for 3 million Euros. Bravo!!!! He
deserves
> every
> > > euro of it.
> > >

> > Yeah, after all those glowing words over the past two years about
what a
> > great guy Bjarne Riis is, how he loves riding with Carlos Sastre,
what a
> > splendid buch of soigneurs and mechanics they have, it boils
down to
> > the money. Here I thought he moved to CSC to be a team leader.
Ah,
> > well, he's probably only got a couple years to make hay, might as
well
> > make the best of it.
>
> I think his compliments towards Riis and CSC wre sincere. I can't
blame
> him for moving on, and Phonak could be good for him. Riis clearly
gave
> Tyler the confidence to acheive which he will take with him.
>
> IMO, Tyler is the Andy Hampsten of his US generation. That is to
say, he's a
> rider who always rides to the best of his ability and wins (or is
capable of
> winning) a variety of different types of races. Plus, he's not an
arrogant
> jerk like some other top riders in the peloton. I don't think he'll
ever
> win the TdF; podium yes. He could repeat a la Hampsten if he makes
the Giro
> a goal again.

> I can't see that. Beloki and Tyler on the same team? What? Tyler for Giro and TdF, Beloki for TdF
> and Veulta? So who'd be the team leader for the TdF. Take a moment to consider Beloki's pride and
> ambitions before answering.

Beloki *wants* to stay with Saiz, to the extent he's given him another week to find sponcership.
After that he signs for the best money out there. Then why not with Phonak? True they probably shot
thier wad for Hamilton but... What about TH wanting to ride Classics and onedays a la Museeuw or Van
Petegem? that means they could focus on prepping a younger Beloki for GT's. Not a likely scenario
given what they'd have to layout for those two but who knows?

"matabala" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> And you can't envision a work environment where you're paid a bit less
but,
> otherwise, perfectly content to keep working at your chosen profession?

What gives you the insight to make that comparison?