Bravo Tyler

Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:
> Noel Llopis wrote:
>>
>> I hope I'm wrong because I really like Tyler, but I don't see that kind of results coming from
>> Phonak.
>>
> Just look what they did to Alex Zuelle.

> Why, Tyler, Why?

Did Zuelle's results fall off?

Bob Schwartz [email protected]

Yeah, he should have stayed with Coast.

In article <[email protected]>, "matabala" <[email protected]> wrote:

> And you can't envision a work environment where you're paid a bit less but, otherwise, perfectly
> content to keep working at your chosen profession?

A bit less? he's probably clearing a million dollars more in 2 years over his contract with CSC.
Get a clue.

Fred Marx wrote:

>> I can't see that. Beloki and Tyler on the same team? What? Tyler for Giro and TdF, Beloki for TdF
>> and Veulta? So who'd be the team leader for the TdF. Take a moment to consider Beloki's pride and
>> ambitions before answering.
>>

> Beloki *wants* to stay with Saiz, to the extent he's given him another week to find sponcership.
> After that he signs for the best money out there. Then why not with Phonak? True they probably
> shot thier wad for Hamilton but... What about TH wanting to ride Classics and onedays a la Museeuw
> or Van Petegem? that means they could focus on prepping a younger Beloki for GT's. Not a likely
> scenario given what they'd have to layout for those two but who knows?

Yeah, read he wants to stay in Spain first and foremost. CN just listed Phonak's credentials. Tyler
is clearly the big fish, as they stated 'Captain' The rest look pretty much like a team of
also-rans. Zulle, I'm surprised hasn't retired. Maybe they keep him around as the a former star and
let him race his schedule. Should be interesting to see how he feels at the end of 2004.

Beloki's dilemma: If Saiz doesn't find the sponsorship (lots of vapor so far, apparently) and Joseba
waits too long, the best vacancies will be filled and he could wind up in a far from ideal
situation. Clearly he likes his team and wants to stick with a few of them.