Bravo UCI

DA74

Guest
For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
positive.

Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
testing - to try and save face.

"DA74" <[email protected]> wrote:
>For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
>before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
>lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
>positive.
>
>Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
>testing - to try and save face.

It just sems amazing to me that the "B" sample is being tested at the same lab as the "A" sample.
I would insist that another lab test my "B" sample if I thought there was a mistake in my first test.
just my thoughts on this matter.
Ro

Ro wrote:
> "DA74" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
> >before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
> >lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
> >positive.
> >
> >Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
> >testing - to try and save face.
> >

> It just sems amazing to me that the "B" sample is being tested at the same lab as the "A" sample.
> I would insist that another lab test my "B" sample if I thought there was a mistake in my first test.
> just my thoughts on this matter.
> Ro

Froid already said that he expects the result of the B sample to be
identical to the first. So maybe he knows there was no mistake on the
first test. But I tend to agree with you. I'd be peeing into every
container within arms reach and express mailing them to every lab in
the world.

"Ro" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...

> "DA74" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
>>before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
>>lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
>>positive.
>>
>>Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
>>testing - to try and save face.
>>

> It just sems amazing to me that the "B" sample is being tested at the same
> lab as the "A" sample.
> I would insist that another lab test my "B" sample if I thought there was
> a mistake in my first test.
> just my thoughts on this matter.
> Ro

I desagree.

1 - The samples can't be manipulated as if it were some kind of luggage.
Suppose the B sample to be corrupted due the transportation.

2 - You will have to accept some attendant of the first Lab + some attendant
of the second Lab to follow the sample during the transportation. Of course
if you challenge his reputation you have to accept it.

3 - You will have to accept some attendant of the first Lab to be present
during the test.

4 - Have you any idea how many test are done by the AMA. Could you imagine
all the logistic behind all the A test and B test.

5 - Suppose the result is not the same, suppose the Lab of the A test
contest the Lab of the B test by telling that the equipment is not the same,
that the level of competence is not the same etc.

6 - And what Lab to choose ? It can't be French of course. An American one
? Of course no, the French Lab can't accept it because Iraq. A Spanish one ?
Of course no will say the American because a Spanish is in second place and
if Landis lost.. A British one ? The French will not agree because Jeanne
D'arc. A Swiss one ? Come on, the UCI is biased. etc...

AMA choose the best solution : the agreement of the Lab. They have the way
to check the level of professionalism of the Lab. If you admit that it is
necessary to check the job done by one Lab, better to change the Lab.

And now, tell me WHY do you suspect the French Lab ?

Because they are French do you believe they are incompetent ?

Because they are French do you think they prefer to see a Spanish as winner
better than an American ?

Do you believe a Lab with such international prestige will put his
reputation in check because Landis is American. ?

Come on. The French are not so stupid. Of course we have had our
disagreement, but we have much more important problems. We don't wake-up
every morning thinking : What bad can I do against the Americans...

<Montesquiou> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...

> "Ro" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
>>
>> "DA74" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
>>>before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
>>>lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
>>>positive.
>>>
>>>Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
>>>testing - to try and save face.
>>>

>> It just sems amazing to me that the "B" sample is being tested at the
>> same lab as the "A" sample.
>> I would insist that another lab test my "B" sample if I thought there was
>> a mistake in my first test.
>> just my thoughts on this matter.
>> Ro
>>

> I desagree.
>

> 1 - The samples can't be manipulated as if it were some kind of luggage.
> Suppose the B sample to be corrupted due the transportation.
>
> 2 - You will have to accept some attendant of the first Lab + some
> attendant of the second Lab to follow the sample during the
> transportation. Of course if you challenge his reputation you have to
> accept it.
>
> 3 - You will have to accept some attendant of the first Lab to be present
> during the test.
>
> 4 - Have you any idea how many test are done by the AMA. Could you imagine
> all the logistic behind all the A test and B test.
>
> 5 - Suppose the result is not the same, suppose the Lab of the A test
> contest the Lab of the B test by telling that the equipment is not the
> same, that the level of competence is not the same etc.
>
> 6 - And what Lab to choose ? It can't be French of course. An American one
> ? Of course no, the French Lab can't accept it because Iraq. A Spanish one
> ? Of course no will say the American because a Spanish is in second place
> and if Landis lost.. A British one ? The French will not agree because
> Jeanne D'arc. A Swiss one ? Come on, the UCI is biased. etc...

The lab has to be Icelandic. Halfway between Europe and US. Not a member of
the EU, but participating in Schengen. No riders in the ProTour. Won't be
influenced by bordering countries. Yep, Iceland.

"Ro" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "DA74" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
>>before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
>>lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
>>positive.
>>
>>Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
>>testing - to try and save face.
>>

> It just sems amazing to me that the "B" sample is being tested at the same
> lab as the "A" sample.
> I would insist that another lab test my "B" sample if I thought there was
> a mistake in my first test.
> just my thoughts on this matter.
> Ro

This is why the testee or his/her representative has the right to be present
for the testing of the B sample.

trg wrote:
> The lab has to be Icelandic. Halfway between Europe and US. Not a member of
> the EU, but participating in Schengen. No riders in the ProTour. Won't be
> influenced by bordering countries. Yep, Iceland.

But if its Miller or Wiggins or some other British rider involved then the
result might be a bit fishy.

Montesquiou wrote:
> "Ro" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
> >
> > "DA74" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
> >>before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
> >>lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
> >>positive.
> >>
> >>Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
> >>testing - to try and save face.
> >>

> > It just sems amazing to me that the "B" sample is being tested at the same
> > lab as the "A" sample.
> > I would insist that another lab test my "B" sample if I thought there was
> > a mistake in my first test.
> > just my thoughts on this matter.
> > Ro
> >

> I desagree.
>

> 1 - The samples can't be manipulated as if it were some kind of luggage.
> Suppose the B sample to be corrupted due the transportation.
>
> 2 - You will have to accept some attendant of the first Lab + some attendant
> of the second Lab to follow the sample during the transportation. Of course
> if you challenge his reputation you have to accept it.
>
> 3 - You will have to accept some attendant of the first Lab to be present
> during the test.
>
> 4 - Have you any idea how many test are done by the AMA. Could you imagine
> all the logistic behind all the A test and B test.
>
> 5 - Suppose the result is not the same, suppose the Lab of the A test
> contest the Lab of the B test by telling that the equipment is not the same,
> that the level of competence is not the same etc.
>
> 6 - And what Lab to choose ? It can't be French of course. An American one
> ? Of course no, the French Lab can't accept it because Iraq. A Spanish one ?
> Of course no will say the American because a Spanish is in second place and
> if Landis lost.. A British one ? The French will not agree because Jeanne
> D'arc. A Swiss one ? Come on, the UCI is biased. etc...
>

> AMA choose the best solution : the agreement of the Lab. They have the way
> to check the level of professionalism of the Lab. If you admit that it is
> necessary to check the job done by one Lab, better to change the Lab.
>
> And now, tell me WHY do you suspect the French Lab ?
>
> Because they are French do you believe they are incompetent ?
>
> Because they are French do you think they prefer to see a Spanish as winner
> better than an American ?
>
> Do you believe a Lab with such international prestige will put his
> reputation in check because Landis is American. ?
>

> Come on. The French are not so stupid. Of course we have had our
> disagreement, but we have much more important problems. We don't wake-up
> every morning thinking : What bad can I do against the Americans...

Joan D'Arc ? That's funny.

Andre

DA74 wrote:
> For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
> before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
> lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
> positive.
>
> Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
> testing - to try and save face.

Dumbass, Landis had 10 days to arrange for an observer of the B-Sample
testing under UCI rules.

Ro wrote:
> "DA74" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >For calling that dirty doper's bluff and having the B-Sample tested
> >before the lab shuts down for the rest of the month. Froid and his
> >lawyers would have loved to wait until September for the second
> >positive.
> >
> >Only after the UCI acts does Froid fax the request for the B-Sample
> >testing - to try and save face.
> >

> It just sems amazing to me that the "B" sample is being tested at the same lab as the "A" sample.
> I would insist that another lab test my "B" sample if I thought there was a mistake in my first test.
> just my thoughts on this matter.

Landis has no right to pick the lab. He does have the right to observe
the B sample test.

> Ro

"Donald Munro" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> Montesquiou wrote:
>>> 6 - And what Lab to choose ? It can't be French of course. An American
>>> one
>>> ? Of course no, the French Lab can't accept it because Iraq. A Spanish
>>> one
>>> ? Of course no will say the American because a Spanish is in second
>>> place
>>> and if Landis lost.. A British one ? The French will not agree because
>>> Jeanne D'arc. A Swiss one ? Come on, the UCI is biased. etc...

> trg wrote:
>> The lab has to be Icelandic. Halfway between Europe and US. Not a member
>> of
>> the EU, but participating in Schengen. No riders in the ProTour. Won't be
>> influenced by bordering countries. Yep, Iceland.

> But if its Miller or Wiggins or some other British rider involved then the
> result might be a bit fishy.

Oh my COD, are they still carping about that?

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 11:29:34 +0200, <Montesquiou> wrote:

>1 - The samples can't be manipulated as if it were some kind of luggage.
>Suppose the B sample to be corrupted due the transportation.
>
>2 - You will have to accept some attendant of the first Lab + some attendant
>of the second Lab to follow the sample during the transportation. Of course
>if you challenge his reputation you have to accept it.
>
>3 - You will have to accept some attendant of the first Lab to be present
>during the test.
>
>4 - Have you any idea how many test are done by the AMA. Could you imagine
>all the logistic behind all the A test and B test.
>
>5 - Suppose the result is not the same, suppose the Lab of the A test
>contest the Lab of the B test by telling that the equipment is not the same,
>that the level of competence is not the same etc.
>
> 6 - And what Lab to choose ? It can't be French of course. An American one
>? Of course no, the French Lab can't accept it because Iraq. A Spanish one ?
>Of course no will say the American because a Spanish is in second place and
>if Landis lost.. A British one ? The French will not agree because Jeanne
>D'arc. A Swiss one ? Come on, the UCI is biased. etc...

Never mind that all of this is done for criminal cases with a lot more
on the line every single day of the year. I thought you were defending
the French lab and now you are arguing they can't transport a simple
sample from one lab to another. Make up your mind - are they competent
or monumentally incompetent?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Mikko J Virtanen wrote:
> "trg" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > The lab has to be Icelandic. Halfway between Europe and US. Not a member of
> > the EU, but participating in Schengen. No riders in the ProTour. Won't be
> > influenced by bordering countries. Yep, Iceland.

> Huge American military presence would not hurt Landis either, huh?

There is no huge American military presence in Iceland, the last of
them are moving out.

Mikko J Virtanen wrote:
> "trg" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > The lab has to be Icelandic. Halfway between Europe and US. Not a member of
> > the EU, but participating in Schengen. No riders in the ProTour. Won't be
> > influenced by bordering countries. Yep, Iceland.

> Huge American military presence would not hurt Landis either, huh?
>
> MJ;
>
> --
> .signature necesse est

Too bad France has the H-bomb.

Otherwise, Bush could just do regime change before Saturday.

They hate us for what we are!

[email protected] wrote:
> Mikko J Virtanen wrote:
>
>>"trg" <[email protected]> writes:
>>

>>>The lab has to be Icelandic. Halfway between Europe and US. Not a member of
>>>the EU, but participating in Schengen. No riders in the ProTour. Won't be
>>>influenced by bordering countries. Yep, Iceland.

>>Huge American military presence would not hurt Landis either, huh?

> There is no huge American military presence in Iceland, the last of
> them are moving out.

If just one of the staff is fat, the above would still be true.

"Dumbass" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...

> Mikko J Virtanen wrote:
>> "trg" <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>> > The lab has to be Icelandic. Halfway between Europe and US. Not a
>> > member of
>> > the EU, but participating in Schengen. No riders in the ProTour. Won't
>> > be
>> > influenced by bordering countries. Yep, Iceland.

>> Huge American military presence would not hurt Landis either, huh?
>>
>> MJ;
>>
>> --
>> .signature necesse est

> Too bad France has the H-bomb.
>
> Otherwise, Bush could just do regime change before Saturday.
>
> They hate us for what we are!

Saturday will be our Freedom Test ! ;)

Stu Fleming wrote:
> If just one of the staff is fat, the above would still be true.

I think we can safely assume a 99% probability that at least one of their
staff is fat. One of our probability experts could even provide a nice big
Bayesian model.

Donald Munro wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>>There is no huge American military presence in Iceland, the last of
>>>them are moving out.

> Stu Fleming wrote:
>
>>If just one of the staff is fat, the above would still be true.

> I think we can safely assume a 99% probability that at least one of their
> staff is fat. One of our probability experts could even provide a nice big
> Bayesian model.

And no chance of a false positive.

Dumbass wrote:
> Otherwise, Bush could just do regime change before Saturday.
> They hate us for what we are!

Ut sementem feceris, ita metes.

"Mikko J Virtanen" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message
de news: [email protected]...
> "trg" <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> The lab has to be Icelandic. Halfway between Europe and US. Not a member
>> of
>> the EU, but participating in Schengen. No riders in the ProTour. Won't be
>> influenced by bordering countries. Yep, Iceland.

> Huge American military presence would not hurt Landis either, huh?

What, is the US planning on invading Iceland now to make sure Floyd will
receive favorable treatment? (While they're at it, I wouldn't be surprised
if a stray tomahawk landed on Bobby Fischer's house.)