Bravo VDB

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Louison Bobet, Apr 6, 2003.

  1. Good to see him back on the podium. Now for L-B-L. Anyone interested in a Frank Fan Club flag can go
    to http://www.frankyboys.com and head for the Fan Shop.

    Tags:

  2. Baldini

    Baldini Guest

  3. "Louison Bobet" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > Good to see him back on the podium.

    dope still competing.

    Its great to know that OJ Simpson is still walking around a free man, too.

  4. "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > http://www.frankyboys.com and head for the Fan Shop.
    >
    > Can I get a flag for his dog?
    >
    > - Boyd S. Member of Frank's Dog Fan Club

    www.mambo.com.au-supermarket-images-large-MG045-FARTINGDOG.jpg

  5. Baldini

    Baldini Guest

    "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...

    > "Louison Bobet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > > Good to see him back on the podium.

    of
    > dope still competing.
    >
    > Its great to know that OJ Simpson is still walking around a free man, too.

    They all use dope. No big deal.

  6. "Baldini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Louison Bobet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > Good to see him back on the podium.

    load
    > of
    > > dope still competing.
    > >
    > > Its great to know that OJ Simpson is still walking around a free man,
    too.

    > They all use dope. No big deal.

    Let's see, some EPO usage by many. I can go with that.

    But then there's the Morphine in the refrigerator. Dr. Mabuse. Clenbuturol for the dog.

    You're right, all bike racers have morphine in the fridge and prescription, performance-enhancing
    drugs for the family pet. There is no difference between VdB and other bike racers.

  7. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]>
    Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing

    > You're right, all bike racers have morphine in the fridge and prescription, performance-enhancing
    > drugs for the family pet. There is no difference between VdB and other bike racers.

    Well, not all riders are blessed to have Edita Rumsas' mum in the family so they must make do
    however they can.

  8. ...or team staff needing Actovegin.

  9. Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws
    [email protected]

    > "Baldini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > "hold my beer and watch this..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:p[email protected]...

    > load
    > > of
    > > > dope still competing.
    > > >
    > > > Its great to know that OJ Simpson is still walking around a free man,
    > too.
    > >
    > > They all use dope. No big deal.
    >

    > Let's see, some EPO usage by many. I can go with that.
    >

    > But then there's the Morphine in the refrigerator. Dr. Mabuse. Clenbuturol for the dog.

    Van Petegem was once under the professional care of Dr. Michailov, from team TVM. This doctor
    carried enough EPO to make a complete russian orphanage as fast as VDB and his dog combined.

    I don't think that the two riders in the finale of the Ronde were very different in their
    doping habits.

    Jonathan.

    > You're right, all bike racers have morphine in the fridge and
    prescription,
    > performance-enhancing drugs for the family pet. There is no difference between VdB and other
    > bike racers.

  10. Jean Robic

    Jean Robic Guest

    "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Van Petegem was once under the professional care of Dr. Michailov, from
    team
    > TVM. This doctor carried enough EPO to make a complete russian orphanage
    as
    > fast as VDB and his dog combined.
    >
    > I don't think that the two riders in the finale of the Ronde were very different in their
    > doping habits.
    >
    > Jonathan.

    And neither will test positive after the Ronde. But Guesdon, I think he may test positive after he
    wins Paris-Roubaix for the second time this Sunday. It will probably be from tainted supplements.

  11. Ryan

    Ryan Guest

    [email protected] (Son_of_Kurgan) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > ...or team staff needing Actovegin.

    Well said. Those pro soigneurs must be the most unhealthy group of sons a bitches on the planet.

  12. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    VDB kicks ass. drugs or no drugs, this is a good example of what successful
    psychotherapy will do for you. the next big training aid - PSYCHOTHERAPY- instead of paloties
    of course.

  13. Dave

    Dave Guest

    > You're right, all bike racers have morphine in the fridge and prescription, performance-enhancing
    > drugs for the family pet. There is no difference between VdB and other bike racers.

    No, really there isn't much difference...only in the excuses they use when they get caught. No
    dumber than "uhhh it was candy" or "it was the vitamins I took" or "they are for my mother"

    Dave

  14. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "Kurgan Gringioni" [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > You're right, all bike racers have morphine in the fridge and prescription, performance-enhancing
    > drugs for the family pet. There is no difference between VdB and other bike racers.

    Well, nobody has ever looked into Armstrong's refrigerator, nor has he been subject to random,
    un-announced and un-scheduled drug tests (like German riders, for example).

    VDB "invited" the police to his house by driving under the influence of alcohol. It would be very
    interesting if the TdF riders were ever subject to the same scrutiny that Giro riders are (yeah, I
    know that sounds strange given 1998, but nobody was raided in their hotels then).

    Along those lines, what is the French media saying about Rumsas? His wife was found with quite a few
    proscribed drugs in her car. She had an "reason", a sick mother (apparently very sick ;-).

    Armstsrong's team was found with quite a few proscribed drugs in their possesion. They had a reason
    - a sick "non-cycling" member.

    Strange how the shit flies.... and how it lands.

  15. berichtnieuws [email protected]

    > "Kurgan Gringioni" [email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > You're right, all bike racers have morphine in the fridge and
    prescription,
    > > performance-enhancing drugs for the family pet. There is no difference between VdB and other
    > > bike racers.
    >
    > Well, nobody has ever looked into Armstrong's refrigerator, nor has he been subject to random,
    > un-announced and un-scheduled drug tests (like German riders, for example).

    Actually, the US Postal bus was searched un-announced during the tour last year.

    > VDB "invited" the police to his house by driving under the influence of alcohol. It would be very
    > interesting if the TdF riders were ever subject to the same scrutiny that Giro riders are (yeah, I
    > know that sounds strange given 1998, but nobody was raided in their hotels then).
    >
    > Along those lines, what is the French media saying about Rumsas? His wife was found with quite a
    > few proscribed drugs in her car. She had an "reason", a sick mother (apparently very sick ;-).
    >
    > Armstsrong's team was found with quite a few proscribed drugs in their possesion. They had a
    > reason - a sick "non-cycling" member.

    I don't think we will ever see a yellow jersey winner being caught with doping during his winning
    tour. After he reaches Paris, he is clean. It would be too disastrous if the final result had to be
    amended because of doping. Or worse - what if Armstrong did not test positive, but his team doctor
    carried a big load of an EPO-like drug? Everyone would consider the whole tour to have been a farce,
    because nobody trusts the result anymore, but the jersey could not be taken away from Armstrong.

    > Strange how the shit flies.... and how it lands.

  16. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote

    > I don't think we will ever see a yellow jersey winner being caught with doping during his winning
    > tour. After he reaches Paris, he is clean. It would be too disastrous if the final result had to
    > be amended because of doping. Or worse - what if Armstrong did not test positive, but his team
    > doctor carried a big load of an EPO-like drug? Everyone would consider the whole tour to have been
    > a farce, because nobody trusts the result anymore, but the jersey could not be taken away from
    > Armstrong.

    Maurice Garin had his yellow jersey taken away after they reached Paris.

  17. news:[email protected]...

    > Well, nobody has ever looked into Armstrong's refrigerator, nor has he been subject to random,
    > un-announced and un-scheduled drug tests (like German riders, for example).
    >
    > VDB "invited" the police to his house by driving under the influence of alcohol. It would be very
    > interesting if the TdF riders were ever subject to the same scrutiny that Giro riders are (yeah, I
    > know that sounds strange given 1998, but nobody was raided in their hotels then).
    >
    > Along those lines, what is the French media saying about Rumsas? His wife was found with quite a
    > few proscribed drugs in her car. She had an "reason", a sick mother (apparently very sick ;-).
    >
    > Armstsrong's team was found with quite a few proscribed drugs in their possesion. They had a
    > reason - a sick "non-cycling" member.
    >
    > Strange how the shit flies.... and how it lands.

    When Kurgan's clones repeat each other does that mean the cloning process is complete?

  18. Cyrus

    Cyrus Guest

    > I don't think we will ever see a yellow jersey winner being caught with doping during his winning
    > tour. After he reaches Paris, he is clean. It would be too disastrous if the final result had to
    > be amended because of doping. Or worse - what if Armstrong did not test positive, but his team
    > doctor carried a big load of an EPO-like drug? Everyone would consider the whole tour to have been
    > a farce, because nobody trusts the result anymore, but the jersey could not be taken away from
    > Armstrong.

    Well, that's pretty much what happend at the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. nordic skier Johan
    M├╝legg (starting for Spain after being kicked out of the German federation) won 3 gold medals, but
    only for the third one doping controls could prove that he was taking some EPO-replacement drug. So
    he had to give back this "third" gold and could keep the first two even if it was bloody obvious
    that was taking drugs there, too. (Because of the long-time effect of the drug.) Of course he
    denied everything (just like R.Virenque) and never even thought of admitting that he was cheating
    all the time. Curiously, the guys in second place never seemed to complain that they were denied
    "their" gold...

    Cross-coutry skiing is almost as much fun as cycling!

    --
    cy